St Louis Tourney 2021

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Round 3: AP169 The Beasts Have Arrived attacked as Germans
Hook attack around my right flank with the Tigers and 2/3 of the squads. Pushed aggressively and was able to reach the hill in turn 2. The Panthers and remaining squads struggled but in turn 3 I rushed the IS2 on my left flank which isolated much of his infantry defending the forward building. One Tiger got ROF breaking the defenders in the town center which allowed my LH flank to advance risk free. Rolled a couple critical hits with PF/PSK that wiped out the two big pigs and sealed my victory.
Really enjoy this scenario - there is no time to waste as the German attackers. My Panthers were ineffective in this playing but they sucked up shots and a few key rolls really gave me the edge. Rich is a great opponent and I have enjoyed each of the exciting games we have shared. (3-0)

Round 4: BoF16 Saluting a General defended with Russians
Tense game that went late on Saturday night. I had bid for the Russians preferring to defend and depend on those Grants to shore the line. I had less than ideal infantry squad placement which likely cost me a couple squads earlier than appropriate but the delays they caused allowed my lend lease tanks to save the day. Came down to a last turn push for the victory area where my last squad and two Lee’s held off the remaining German rush. Tom struggled to pass MCs much of the game and I got several nice IFT rolls which brought the hurt on the panzergrenadiers. Another highly enjoyable scenario. (4-0)

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Round 5: ROMA2 Second Hand News defended as Italians / Partisan

Bid the Italians in this - yes that‘s right I took the 6-7 morale Itals and Partisans in a championship tourney game to the more numerous and powerful SS. The key to this I think is that the Germans have to really focus on the VC objective and get off the board. To help prevent this, I set fire to the rear grain to channel the attack and was as big a nuisance as possible with my Italians trying to keep up with his moves. My namesake opponent obliged me by ripping his way down the village main street blasting me out of the way. The situation looked grim early but I caught a couple SS squads in the open, breaking and capturing them. A STG driver then gave me one too many chances when he drove adjacent to my 7-0 who found a MOL to take him out. The opposing Nate still had enough left to exit and win but my baby 45* mortar hit the other Stg3 in the engine deck and immobilised it injuring the commander. That 45MRT shot saved the game for me.

This scenario is unique and a lot of fun. It contrasts those powerful SS troops with the poor morale and firepower of turncoat Italians and weak partisans so the allies really have to use all their tricks to win.

An all Nate ASL tourney final also has to be a first! I hope to see him across the game board again next year!