St Louis Tourney 2021

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There will be a new first time Champ in St Louis this year. All the usual suspects have lost one. Round 4 sees 4 undefeated players left.

Tom Cvetinovich is battling Nathan Wegener in Saluting a General.
Nathan Stapf is battling Rodney Callen in Trap by Mishap.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
There will be a new first time Champ in St Louis this year. All the usual suspects have lost one. Round 4 sees 4 undefeated players left.

Tom Cvetinovich is battling Nathan Wegener in Saluting a General.
Nathan Stapf is battling Rodney Callen in Trap by Mishap.
Well I gotta go with Tom. Hope the Cleveland Curse doesn't carry over.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All St. Louis games have been entered on ROAR. The tourney saw 28 different scenarios played. Here are the results for those who are interested

Ax-Al
Anhalt Pandemonium2-1
Anzac Boys0-1
Aussie Alamo4-0
Autumn Approach3-0
Below the Belt1-4
Dingoes at Damour0-3
Dying for Danzig3-1
Forest Gumm2-1
Fury on the Logging Trail0-1
Hickory Lickin'4-2
Lenin's Sons1-2
Nameless Hill0-1
New and Untested4-0
Norwegian Edelweiss1-0
Rather Uncoordinated0-2
Saluting a General 2-3
Second Hand News1-2
Sparrow Force2-0
The Beasts Have Arrived3-3
The Governor2-0
The Last Full Measure2-0
The Marco Polo Bridge Incident2-0
The Swedish Voluntary Corps1-2
The Time of Humiliations1-0
Trap by Mishap2-0
Triumph Atop Taraldsvikfjell1-1
War to the Knife1-0
Whiteout1-0

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A belated but still wholehearted thank-you to Jim for a putting together a great tourney again this year! Good scenarios (thanks Doug), accommodations and BBQ (not as nice as KC BBQ :pbut still quite tasty - and special thanks to Mrs Ital for delivering our dinner too). Most importantly it was great to see everyone healthy and happy to be rolling dice together again!!!

My dice were as hot as the temps outside at key points during the tournament. With (if I counted correctly) 6 different former tourney winners in the room the level of play was excellent all weekend. Many others could have easily come away with the Jeff Ital created Cromwell trophy that is currently on a prime spot on my mantle! My opponents were gracious gentlemen as well as good gamers. A quick recap to follow…

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Round 1: BoF23 Anhalt Pandemonium defended as German
The Russians pushed hard up the left flank but I was able to knock out 2 tanks w/PF when he swarmed my concealed Kubelwagen thinking it was a STG3. The lack of cover on the canal side cost the Russian just enough infantry and a third tank (to a STG3) to swing the game my way.
Jeff and I have matched against each other a few times over the years and I have regularly made costly mistakes that resulted in my loss. I would claim my skill has improved but really I took the spirit out of Jeff with a key snakes roll on a PF TH through smoke against one of his JS tanks which tipped the scales. (1-0)

Round 2: AP163 Dingoes At Damour attacked with Aussies
Smoked out the forward Vichy defense and my armour swirled around causing havoc. My dice were hot and opponents were not which made the outcome ugly. Scott and I play regularly in KC and are generally evenly matched. This scenario requires a focused cluster defense as any cracks in the line are exploitable with the highly manoeuvrable Aussie light armour. (2-0)