St Louis Tournament July 26-28, 2019

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I should reach StLouis tomorrow morning..... This evening I will give a look to the scenario list, just for being less embarrassed in front of the ASLers :)
I should be there at around 11am, no counters, no map but a lot of enthusiasm. See you tomorrow

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought Ma dush delivers was a really good scenario, surprised you guys did not pick that one over a moldy oldie like J44 Audascity.

Scott

Today I play Stan Jackson for the crown. We will play Audacity. I have the French.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Today I play Stan Jackson for the crown. We will play Audacity. I have the French.
Two fine American gentlemen.....wish you a great final and congrats to you both for getting there.....

Hope to get games in with both of you at ASLOK this year.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was well prepared for the tournament this year having played and studied each scenario played (except one). It’s good to have that confidence so you can focus on the finer details. Thanks to my worthy opponents John Schneider, Rich Spilky, Rich Domivich, George T and Stan Jackson. Also thanks to Jim Burris for all his work & help and Doug Kirk for a fine scenario selection.

Last edited:

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just got back from the nine hour drive home from St. Louis. Great time, great tourney. Kudos to Jim Burris for once again running a smooth enjoyable event. Congrats to my buddy Bob for a well deserved title. Thanks to all my opponents: Doug Kirk, Scott Martin, Mike Stubits, my roomy Randy Shurtz, and Nathan Wegener. I was fortunate to go 4-1 with my only loss to Doug in the first round. Unfortunately for Doug, he used up all his threes, fours, and fives in our game. Great work on the trophy by Jeff Ital (I always look forward to seeing him in St. Louis). This tourney continues to bring the best of the mid west players together in an exceptionally well run format. Thanks again to one and all and hope to see a lot of you at ASLOK.

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just got back from the nine hour drive home from St. Louis. Great time, great tourney. Kudos to Jim Burris for once again running a smooth enjoyable event. Congrats to my buddy Bob for a well deserved title. Thanks to all my opponents: Doug Kirk, Scott Martin, Mike Stubits, my roomy Randy Shurtz, and Nathan Wegener. I was fortunate to go 4-1 with my only loss to Doug in the first round. Unfortunately for Doug, he used up all his threes, fours, and fives in our game. Great work on the trophy by Jeff Ital (I always look forward to seeing him in St. Louis). This tourney continues to bring the best of the mid west players together in an exceptionally well run format. Thanks again to one and all and hope to see a lot of you at ASLOK.
Great to see you again Dave. See you next year in KC!

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will the final standings for St. Louis be posted?
Had a wonderful time!

My first four scenarios came down to a final turn CC die roll versus Dave Nichols, Randy Shurtz, Bob Bendis and Craig Walters. Luckily, three went my way.

Congrats to Bob Bendis, well done!

Thanks to Jim for running this tourney so well and Doug for interesting scenario selection. I looked askance at the list at first, but now appreciate it more having played several of them.

Rich

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Hi Jim, thank you for the two wonderful days spent in St Louis. It is my third year there and I will definitely look to come back next year..... and play the lottery again!!!!!
Great organization, nice guys, experienced ASLers and less experienced ones all enjoyed the games together. A tournament to suggest attending. Ciao

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Jim, thank you for the two wonderful days spent in St Louis. It is my third year there and I will definitely look to come back next year..... and play the lottery again!!!!!
Great organization, nice guys, experienced ASLers and less experienced ones all enjoyed the games together. A tournament to suggest attending. Ciao
It was great to see you again. Thanks for the heads-up about the blog. Hopefully, we'll get to play one another in the future!

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
X12 Nowhere To Hide: Caves, Trenches, and Pillboxes…
First, I do not want to infringe on copyright, so please set me straight if what I'm asking is inappropriate/illegal/immoral/or otherwise a perversion of all that is sacred and orderly. Anyway, are issues of the Rout Report available anywhere (for either purchase or download)? I've recently been learning cave rules and have poked at CH's Uncommon Valor pack, so would like to take a gander at this scenario, in particular.

wesvaughn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations to Bob "Machine" Bendis for his 1st place finish in St.Louis. Bob had several tough opponents and he ran the gauntlet. Great job!!! A special thanks to Jim Burris for putting on another great tournament and good BBQ dinner Saturday night. If you've never been to the St.Louis Tournament, put it on your calendar for next July. You will have a great time.