St Louis ASL Tournament - July 28-30, 2023

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Jim, thank you for another amazing tournament. Great organisation, nice venue, great atmosphere and exquisite opponents (I bitched much less than other times.... 😇). I have used the ABS system several time and it work very well. I wish we had more time. Thanks again and see you next year.
PS: Ric Domovic, we need to play together next year with more time and better dice .... for both of us. See you in 2024!

Jim Burris

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello All,

The St Louis Tournament was another success. Thank you to all who attended. It was good to see a lot of old friends and make some new ones. I enjoyed the entire weekend, as I always do.

Congratulations to the winners.
1st Paul Works
2nd Bob Bendis
3rd Rich Domovic

4th Wes Vaughn
5th Dave Ginnard
6th Dan Best
7th Maurizio Grassi
8th Doug Kirk
9th Mike Stubits
10th Jeff DeYoung

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim,

Thanks for a well organized tourney, it was fun. The barbecue, especially the brisket, was excellent.

Enjoyed my games with Rodney, Tate, Bob, Doug and Maurizio.

Maurizio, hope you caught your 1:30 pm flight.

Rich

Last edited:

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got back to Cleveland after a grueling 9 hour road trip at 1 AM.
Big thanks to Jim Burris for another outstanding tournament. St. Louis continues to be my favorite tourney for the comradery. efficiency, location, and food.
This year was an outstanding turnout with some of the best ASL players in the world.
Thanks to all five of my opponents, (Stan Jackson, James Treu, Jeff DeYoung, Rodney Callen, and Mark Devries), for outstanding play and great games.
Thanks to local, Jeff Ital, well, for just being Jeff, and his great first place plaque.
Congratulations to Paul Works, Bob Bendis, and Rich Domovic for their top finishes. All much deserved.
Thanks for the delicious Saturday traditional BBQ and raffle.
Thanks also to my razorback buddy, Wes Vaughn for the fifth of Makers and great selection of bourbon and the ever jovial Doug Kirk for his scenario list.
Lastly, words cannot express my gratitude toward my great friend Tom Cvetinovich for his company on the road, generosity, and companionship. I am blessed for our 35 year friendship.
I had an exceptional experience, once again, going 4 and 1, after losing to Stan in the first round. 5th place isn't bad against this stellar competition.
Looking forward to next year already.
Hope to see you all in October at ASLOK. Wish I could make it to Atlanta and the Tussle, but it is just too soon following St. Louis. I know Gary Bartlett and Chuck Tewksbury do a great job TDing these events and encourage everyone to attend.
My only regret is that I don't see these friends more often.

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Had a great time playing ASL in St Louis this past weekend. Congratulations to the winners and big thanks to Jim for organizing and running this event. I played six games, almost all of them against people that I have never had a chance to compete against in the past. They were all very enjoyable and I look forward to playing these same guys again in the future. As was mentioned by others, the BBQ (especially the brisket) was delicious. All in all, a great time seeing old friends, meeting new friends and playing this game we all enjoy so much.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Got back to Cleveland after a grueling 9 hour road trip at 1 AM.
Big thanks to Jim Burris for another outstanding tournament. St. Louis continues to be my favorite tourney for the comradery. efficiency, location, and food.
This year was an outstanding turnout with some of the best ASL players in the world.
Thanks to all five of my opponents, (Stan Jackson, James Treu, Jeff DeYoung, Rodney Callen, and Mark Devries), for outstanding play and great games.
Thanks to local, Jeff Ital, well, for just being Jeff, and his great first place plaque.
Congratulations to Paul Works, Bob Bendis, and Rich Domovic for their top finishes. All much deserved.
Thanks for the delicious Saturday traditional BBQ and raffle.
Thanks also to my razorback buddy, Wes Vaughn for the fifth of Makers and great selection of bourbon and the ever jovial Doug Kirk for his scenario list.
Lastly, words cannot express my gratitude toward my great friend Tom Cvetinovich for his company on the road, generosity, and companionship. I am blessed for our 35 year friendship.
I had an exceptional experience, once again, going 4 and 1, after losing to Stan in the first round. 5th place isn't bad against this stellar competition.
Looking forward to next year already.
Hope to see you all in October at ASLOK. Wish I could make it to Atlanta and the Tussle, but it is just too soon following St. Louis. I know Gary Bartlett and Chuck Tewksbury do a great job TDing these events and encourage everyone to attend.
My only regret is that I don't see these friends more often.
Glad you made it back to the North Coast safely.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Doug

If you would like them added to ASL Player Ratings as well, email me a file (dougerimmer@gmail.com) and I will happily upload them for you! We have your previous years in the system. Thanks.
Will do. At the moment Jim is having issues with the program he uses. Once he gets that straightened out, we can output the file.