St Louis ASL Tournament (20th Annual) July 28-30, 2017

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
May I ask how scenario selection works in the tournament - with five scenarios per round, do you ditch two and rank your top three? Also, will a scenario pack be emailed out? I have most of them, but there are a couple I don't.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
May I ask how scenario selection works in the tournament - with five scenarios per round, do you ditch two and rank your top three? Also, will a scenario pack be emailed out? I have most of them, but there are a couple I don't.
Best scenario selection process is by mutual selection and agreement. This is the only way a scenario from the alternate any round list or from a previous round (unplayed by both players in each case) can be played. Barring mutual agreement, then the default process is to use the 5 scenarios available for that round. Each player can eliminate one scenario from consideration, use a dr to determine who eliminates first. This should leave 3 scenarios which each play ranks secretly. Reveal and play the highest common rank. Pretty standard stuff.

We do not mail out scenario packs. We will provide a pack at the tourney so you do not have to bring your copies. If you need a scenario or two before the tourney just let me know and I will try to email it to you. We just don't want to get into mass emailing of all the scenarios.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
are there any guidelines on dice used at the tournament? are battleschool dice usable for all games? what about schwerpunkt dice?

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
are there any guidelines on dice used at the tournament? are battleschool dice usable for all games? what about schwerpunkt dice?
We have no formal rules for dice. Common sense needs to apply, we have never had a dice issue, discussion, problem etc....battleschool dice are great.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a negotiated rate for the Kirkwood Inn?

If so, what is it.

Rich

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich,
Reading off the flyer: Have reserved a block of rooms til July14th at a special rate of $94.99 + tax. Tell staff you are with St. Louis ASL.
Hope to see you and Dave there. Maybe a rematch from Chicago.
Dave

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is my tourney this year to attend

Looking forward to good times and better games in St Louis

My 1st year there I went 2-3. My last time there I went 4-1 so....we shall see what we shall see.

See you July 28

salisbury58

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It will be good to see you again Bob. I was wondering if you were going to make it back north.
Rick

RZasl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It will be good to see you again Bob. I was wondering if you were going to make it back north.
Rick
We'll be rolling in on that Wednesday evening, so I plan on being down in the tourney room before noon. My wife and daughter will be in tow; it will give them a chance to see family and friends while I'm playing and myself too after Sunday afternoon. See you then.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hello All,

St Louis is hosting our 20th Annual St Louis ASL Tournament this year.

The dates are Friday, July 28 through Sunday, July 30. Round 1 starts on Friday at noon.

You can register here http://www.jaburrissite.com/ASLtournament.html

Doug Kirk is working on the scenario list and says it will be released by June 1.

I expect to see a good turn out of both new players and regulars.

Jim
We are going to have "concurrent" tournaments!!! The ANGKORFEST is happening at Siem Reap, Cambodia over the same dates!!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Rgds Jack