Sry to Ask - but can a Vehicle setup at game start in a Stone Building?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Never seen it before? Really?

Given the right mix of opposing sides and VC, I pretty much do it at the drop of a hat. In particular it is valuable when a big chunk of the opposing AT resources are SCW that do not spawn Acq.

For the record it also helps against sighting TC by aircraft. It don't stuff the possibility of the Sighting check, it at least it forces them to actually make a roll instead of granting it as a foregone conclusion.
Another nice thing about a building with a wall on the hexside(s) is that fire which enters the hex across the wall will knocks down RFP (if any) left in the ground floor location by two columns whether the wall is used by the DEFENDR or not (A8.26 & B9.31). This is especially useful when the enemy has SCWs or other units firing HEAT ammo.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would think the sequence would be something like this:
Shooter: "I'll take an AP shot at that vehicle in the building with the wall around it."
Target: "I'll claim the HD status" (D4.2)
Shooter: "Blam"{rolls TH DR}

To do otherwise I believe violates the intent of the rule and gives the DEFENDER too much lea way on how to resolve the shot based upon knowledge of the DR.
Exactly.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like it better after the DR, that way you can be +3 and hull down. There other rules that allow choices after the DR is made.
"....it may claim an in-hex Case Q TH DRM in lieu of HD status." There is no "and" as you have it.

Just for fun what are the choices after a TH DR...besides declaring as AL, claim Fort Loc, or in your head I am HIP and therefore +2 applies to his TH....

You can't claim this after just so you can see if the cdr is lower than the white dr...