Squad Leader Scenarios

mOBIUS

Reaction score
Do Squad Leader Scenarios make good PCO scenarios?

From what I have seen they may be a source of point of interest but don't translate very well. Maybe some found them not particularly accurate. Sometimes edited to make an better game at the expense of realism.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most Squad Leader scenarios don't have much historical basis at this point in time. When I convert an SL/ASL scenario I recheck the historical accounts of the battle. Almost without exception, the historical data that can be found today, doesn't match what is found in the older SL/ASL scenarios. The situations make good battles but the data can usually be updated.

If you simply want to do straight conversions PCO should do that better than most games. The graphics can be made to closely resemble SL/ASL mapboards. The units and situations are the same scale. They play close enough to get the approximate end results. Most of the units in SL/ASL are in PCO so most scenarios could be converted directly.

Some of the map configurations would be problematic since PCO maps are square and not all of the SL/ASL battles are on square maps. That's a small issue.

Depends on what you mean when you say translating them.

Good Hunting.

MR

Brittany_Spear

Recruit
Reaction score
I would not underestimate the sentimental value to SL players of some of those old chestnuts, however. A well-rendered version of Board 1, 2, 3 and 4 would make some old hands very happy.

Mad Russian

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Those long and narrow boards cannot be recreated by themselves with PCO. It only makes square maps.

However, any combination of square maps could be redone exactly.

Good Hunting.

MR

Last edited: