Spwaw

Berkut37

Reaction score
Country
ll
Wayback in late nineties I remember a guy called Phillipe Sacre who ran a series of excellent SP tournies. Any chance of something like that being organised here?

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Berkut37 said:
Wayback in late nineties I remember a guy called Phillipe Sacre who ran a series of excellent SP tournies. Any chance of something like that being organised here?
Hi Berkut37. Before I can answer that I would need to know some more information. Do you know what type of layout they were organized into? I mean were they bracket/elimination style or some other format? Any other information you can provide would be great. Do you remeber any of the old website addresses where this was posted or perhaps at least some names of the tournaments? Thanks.

Berkut37

Reaction score
Country
ll
spwaw tournies

Double Deuce said:
Hi Berkut37. Before I can answer that I would need to know some more information. Do you know what type of layout they were organized into? I mean were they bracket/elimination style or some other format? Any other information you can provide would be great. Do you remeber any of the old website addresses where this was posted or perhaps at least some names of the tournaments? Thanks.

Well that is going back.

I'm not certain the webpages are even standing anymore and cannot recall the addresses. The games tended to be based on historical battles. Opponents sometimes would be paired off as in other tournaments or all those attending would play in a series of games and a final score tallied. The actual battles were well thought out engagements, not simple meeting or knockout games. For example Key features had to be taken for a victory to be declared for one side, a player would get extra points for knocking out certain units that sort of thing.

Briefings would be sent to players in a military format with battlemaps and some intel of what to expect. It took a lot of effort and AAR's from those who took part was encouraged.

The final tournament I took part in was themed around the free french.

I'll have a dig about and see if I find anything more about them

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reason I ask is many old websites are archived as the internet evolves and can be found here ARCHIVE .

I found my 1st SPWAW Tournament from my old website from almost 3 years ago that I had lost all the files for :D

I also found my very 1st tournament from over 4 years ago using Steel Panthers II here.

It is a pretty handy website !

Berkut37

Reaction score
Country
ll
Double Deuce said:
Reason I ask is many old websites are archived as the internet evolves and can be found here ARCHIVE .

I found my 1st SPWAW Tournament from my old website from almost 3 years ago that I had lost all the files for :D

I also found my very 1st tournament from over 4 years ago using Steel Panthers II here.

It is a pretty handy website !
Sorry,

No combination seems to yield any results. A shame that, but that should not stop us looking into the idea of running a tournament.