SPWAW:The game I forgot

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was just looking over the SPWAW ladder here,and its been years since anybody logged in a game. Has it finally been forgotten?

5 Years ago SPWAW was King,now its a court jester. Clearly the Win SP series is making everybody forget about it.

Pardon me for taking yet another shot at Matrix. :rifle:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That community is actually still large like the one at like The DEPOT.

I just decided to concentrate on supporting the WinSP series here as there were other sites that supported SPWAW. Since SPWAW does not have a modern equipment version WinSPMBT is the best option for that era.

Last edited:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That community is actually still large like the one at like The DEPOT.

I just decided to concentrate on supporting the WinSP series here as there were other sites that supported SPWAW. Since SPWAW does not have a modern equipment version WinSPMBT is the best option for that era.

I can see from that link you provided that there are and probably always will be SPWAW diehards. I feel sorry for them. If you can rename the post SPWAW:The game I forgot. Do you remeber there was supposed to be a modern version? So began my unending bitterness toward Matrix.

Alot more work has gone into the SPCAMO versions. You can tell they really care about thier games. Why else would they invest so much time into them.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think there is still pretty big following at theBlitz and I think the guys over worldatwar.eu are still supporting it.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There certainly is. I am one of only 5 WinSPWW2 players on the Ladders, whereas at least 50 guys regularly play the 3 variants of SPWAW.

Well glad your having fun playing it. It just seems so outdated to me now.
It plays very much like Steel Panthers 3. I got the Head to Head mod fully installed some time back but I just couldnt get into it.
Sorta like going back and playing pac man.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I haven't tried the Enhanced Mod done by some of the Depot guys but Matrix's v8.43 or whatever the last version was played really well for me. The H2H Mod was my preferred version though and still is. There are many features that it has I really liked that WinSP never has and ever will. Those that I can think of off the top of my head are true Multi-player ability, TCP/IP, Engineers able to lay mines, special Retreat and Victory Hexes. They also have a greater variety of terrain.

WinSP has its share of really good not in SPWAW stuff as well but the deciding factor for me was always WinSP's Modern era coverage.

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are many features that it has I really liked that WinSP never has and ever will. Those that I can think of off the top of my head are true Multi-player ability, TCP/IP

Yes the online warfare used to be awesome,so much more of an interesting experience than PBEM.
But I have not played SPWAW online since version 4.5. Aftyer that I could never get it to work,and it wasnt from lack of trying. Nobody ever has confirmed that it worked after that. Anybody?

As far as terrain SPWAW may have more variety,but WinSP has more elevations. WAW still only has three hill levels.