SPW 251/smg, SPW 250/smg

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the notes, it says that the 3fp AAMG is removed as a 7fp HMG, and the 7fp BMG is removed as a 3fp LMG.... Is there an errata for this somewhere? Sure doesn't seem right.....

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
In the notes, it says that the 3fp AAMG is removed as a 7fp HMG, and the 7fp BMG is removed as a 3fp LMG.... Is there an errata for this somewhere? Sure doesn't seem right.....
Jeff,
Chapter H notes?

Or are you looking at the AFV card from SoF?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking at the chapter H notes from v2 of the rule book .. says same thing, 7 factor cmg can be removed as a LMG, and the 3 factor aamg can be removed as a dm HMG. Since this wasn't changed from the first to second edition of the rulebook, I take it that this vehicle note is intentional and *correct*, and I would play any scenario using this vehicle exactly as the above reads. I'd probably remove the aamg in order to get the higher valued hmg in trade, and keep the cmg intact as a 7fp cmg .. but that's just what I would do though.

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Corporal Kindel said:
I'm looking at the chapter H notes from v2 of the rule book .. says same thing, 7 factor cmg can be removed as a LMG, and the 3 factor aamg can be removed as a dm HMG. Since this wasn't changed from the first to second edition of the rulebook, I take it that this vehicle note is intentional and *correct*, and I would play any scenario using this vehicle exactly as the above reads. I'd probably remove the aamg in order to get the higher valued hmg in trade, and keep the cmg intact as a 7fp cmg .. but that's just what I would do though.
Agreed, this is how I played it, says it in Chapter H and the halftrack player aid from RBF2, but it seemed pretty off-kilter to me.

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This was covered once before; can't remember where, however.

The fps listed are correct. [Trust me :) ]

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
Agreed, this is how I played it, says it in Chapter H and the halftrack player aid from RBF2, but it seemed pretty off-kilter to me.
The Chapter H notes are correct...same thing occurs on some of the American equipment...If I remember correctly (no American Ch. H handy at work) the M3 Scout Car has a very similar note in the American section.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Yes, the note is correct... but quite confusing!
On one side, it is clear about the 7FP CMG being Removed as a 3FP LMG.
On the other side, the note says further : "The CMG has a range of 16 (like its infantry SW counterpart)..."

So, the 7FP, range16, CMG becomes an infantry 3-8 LMG when it is Removed, but its "infantry SW counterpart" has a range of 16 - and the infantry MG that has a range of 16 is the 7-16 HMG !
That is bad wording, at best...:(

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just remember that the LMG and HMG are (in Germany's case) the same weapon.

What makes it an HMG instead of a LMG? Tripod or mounting, the amount of ammo you have handy, etc.

Sam