Spreading Blaze 2023 - August 4th thru 6th

PS NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'Boardgame tournament'?? Is 'Spreading Blaze' as the reservation code too controversial in 2023? Are the reservation agents so fragile? ;)

I guess 'cardboard flamethrowers and slaughter' or 'greasing our imaginary treads with the guts of our enemies' would be out then as the tournament code? :whistle:

-Paul

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
'Boardgame tournament'?? Is 'Spreading Blaze' as the reservation code too controversial in 2023? Are the reservation agents so fragile? ;)

I guess 'cardboard flamethrowers and slaughter' or 'greasing our imaginary treads with the guts of our enemies' would be out then as the tournament code? :whistle:

-Paul
The honest truth is that I get tired of explaining to every Tom, Dick and Harry what the hell ASL stands for and what Advanced Squad Leader is, so I opted for something a bit more generic. It has nothing to do with sensitivity or controversy around war gaming.

PS NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm just kidding Gary and I hear you.

Many times there's an awkward silence and then, 'I don't see that' when I ask the reservation crew for the room block for a tournament. Then it's a dance for a few minutes while I try to guess the room block's name.

Paul

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought your comment was likely a joke, you’re not one to stir the pot in that way. Looking forward to seeing you in August if not before.

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Herr Bartlett.... your hands up!
Wondering where/how to sign up for this tourney?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Room is booked…reg on Thursday when I get there.

Anyone want to arrange something Thursday afternoon? Myself and Greg Quiroga will be there…like some team action, T&Q vs the world. Open to anything scenario wise…😎

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In just over 4 weeks, dice will begin falling as part of Spreading Blaze 2023 in Atlanta. There is still time for you to register, reserve a room at the hotel and join in on the fun (note the room block at the hotel will end on Friday, July 14th).

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of our sponsors who generously donate prizes for our event each year -

The Gamers Armory
Multi-Man Publishing
Ken Smith Illustration and Fine Art
Ritterkreig
Bounding Fire Productions
Evan Sherry Productions
Battle School Dice
Lone Canuck Publishing
Hazardous Movement
ASLOK - Brett Hildebran
Bill Pilon

Here is a photo of a fine art print generously donated by Ken Smith (apologies for the glare) for our raffle

Last edited:

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In just over 4 weeks, dice will begin falling as part of Spreading Blaze 2023 in Atlanta. There is still time for you to register, reserve a room at the hotel and join in on the fun (note the room block at the hotel will end on Friday, July 14th).

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of our sponsors who generously donate prizes for our event each year -

The Gamers Armory
Multi-Man Publishing
Ken Smith Illustration and Fine Art
Ritterkreig
Bounding Fire Productions
Evan Sherry Productions
Battle School Dice
Hazardous Movement
ASLOK - Brett Hildebran
Bill Pilon

Here is a photo of a fine art print generously donated by Ken Smith (apologies for the glare) for our raffle

View attachment 26274
adding Lone Canuck Publishing to the list of sponsors. I had mistakenly left George’s generous contribution off the previous list. It’s tough getting old and relying upon one’s memory.

gbartlett2001

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What are the "VC errata" for DB157? The only errata I can find pertain to SSR #2.
You are correct. The note in the scenario list for the tournament is incorrect. Also Mountain Hunters has been updated as ASL 221, we mistakenly noted the previous scenario ID.

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
This year I will not be able to join, but I should be able to come for the 2024 edition. Have fun!