Spraying advice from Bill Cirillo

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree Bill's maps and counters are most excellent. However, he piles all the informational counters wily nily around the map. For some reason he hasn't achieved any enlightenment in this area. Shoring up this shortfall would allow Bill to rise to the next level of ASL kit-ness...
Steve
? it’s a classic case of the messy office - genius theory...just trust me on this...?

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The appearance of a clean game table is the sign of a sick mind!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
this post has induced counter envy and I feel my kit is now completely inadequate
Then you are on a good road.

You could

• precision-clip your counters
  • spray them
  • carefully sand the sides of each counter
  • paint the side of each couner in the nationality color
von Marwitz

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

You could

• spray them
von Marwitz
What?!?

What would you use to sand the counters? I am just curious, I am not doing this.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What?!?

What would you use to sand the counters? I am just curious, I am not doing this.
Nor am I. But I feel gratified that you feel without a blink that I would. ;)

Probably fine sandpaper, I reckon. I am not sure, though, that I know somebody who does it. I seem to recall that someone told me so - I would not have had that idea myself. I cannot remember who it was, alas.

von Marwitz

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

You could

• spray them
von Marwitz
LOL: I did press the ms into taking a Sharpie around the edges of the black ss counters. gives them an extra sinister look

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spraying advice from The Wolkster,

"Eat with your mouth closed!"
Oh, yeah! I got too close a couple of times and could taste it for quite a while afterwards. I am all done spraying and am going to start X-Acto'ing them out of their trees and then start corner cutting. I am in no hurry though. I probably have close to 50 sheets but I am not going to punch all of them out as I do not need them to play FTF scenarios. Unless I decide to play one solo, I will probably never set up for a CG in my house.
I am seriously thinking of selling a couple of modules to someone that would use them. There is no point in holding onto something if it is never going to get used. I haven't 100% decided though.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nor am I. But I feel gratified that you feel without a blink that I would. ;)

Probably fine sandpaper, I reckon. I am not sure, though, that I know somebody who does it. I seem to recall that someone told me so - I would not have had that idea myself. I cannot remember who it was, alas.

von Marwitz
I had heard/ read somewhere the same thing. I experimented just a touch with fine sand paper but it really didn't seem to do much. I quickly stopped though!

I was thinking that you could just use an X-Acto blade to trim any of the bumps away. Maybe?!?

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No need for sanding the edges of the counters if you cut them out with an X-acto knife. JMHO...
Steve