Spotter and LOS

revaddict

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How do you legally check LOS when using a Spotter? The Spotter doesn't actually fire anything (and I'm assuming the MTR he is directing has a blocked LOS), so does he get a free LOS check or what?

Paul

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
C9.3 says: "As long as the Spotter remains in Good Order, the adjacent mortar(s) may fire on any target in the Spotter's LOS."

I take this to mean that you fire just as normal, but check LOS from the Spotter to the target instead of from the firer to the target.

There's no indication on any free or different LOS checks than normal so A6.11 still applies. So you declare the attack, check LOS, and automatically miss if the LOS is blocked - just as normal.

Jim Rupp

Reaction score
Say, in a FTF game, the spotter is a HIPpie, but you need to check LOS. Do you just ask your opponent to leave the room? Or do you let him stay and tell him that you have to kill him after revealing your position?
:rifle:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim Rupp said:
Say, in a FTF game, the spotter is a HIPpie, but you need to check LOS. Do you just ask your opponent to leave the room? Or do you let him stay and tell him that you have to kill him after revealing your position?
:rifle:
I usually go for the 3-stoogies "two finger eye-poke". I check the LOS while my opponent is recovering. :devious: