Sports/Football Thread

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Packers vs Seahawks Monday Night 7PM CST ESPN. I know it's only pre-season but I'm ready for some football. Seahawks might be dangerous this year. They came close last year, until the Packers beat them in overtime during the playoffs.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
If anyone has satalite radio, get sirius, they have a channel totally dedicated to football called NFL Radio :bowdown:
I want satellite radio, but for 10 bucks a month or whatever they want, I don't think I will buy it now :). Good 'ol free radio will do just fine.

Does the satellite radio get better reception in the middle of trees or anything like that?

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Tiger1
Packers vs Seahawks Monday Night 7PM CST ESPN. I know it's only pre-season but I'm ready for some football. Seahawks might be dangerous this year. They came close last year, until the Packers beat them in overtime during the playoffs.
Another year for Hasselbeck and the recievers to mesh. With an elite RB, what some people think is an emerging elite QB, and a good set of WR's, there offense should be good.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Looking for 8 good owners.

Originally posted by RichardS
Trying to fill out my FREE Yahoo football league. It can be found here. Draft is Sunday, but the computer can do it for you if so desired. First come-first served. I recently made the league public so hurry before the spots go!

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/255200
I clicked the link and it said I didn't have permission to view the page. I took the league ID off the url (I hope that was it), and joined that league with no password but it still says I'm not in the league...I can view the schedule and everything fine, just not the league homepage. I should be able to make the live draft, maybe...

EDIT: I tried a different browser and I can get into it there, so it is probably taking it out of cache...its a problem on my end :)

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Looking for 8 good owners.

Originally posted by gobeavs
I clicked the link and it said I didn't have permission to view the page. I took the league ID off the url (I hope that was it), and joined that league with no password but it still says I'm not in the league...I can view the schedule and everything fine, just not the league homepage. I should be able to make the live draft, maybe...

EDIT: I tried a different browser and I can get into it there, so it is probably taking it out of cache...its a problem on my end :)
Glad you joined! Now go recruit 7 more! :D

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Looking for 8 good owners.

Originally posted by RichardS
Trying to fill out my FREE Yahoo football league. It can be found here. Draft is Sunday, but the computer can do it for you if so desired. First come-first served. I recently made the league public so hurry before the spots go!

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/255200
From the homepage it says the draft is on Thursday. I'd like to do it myself, but if its on Thursday like it says on the page, then I guess I'll have to let the computer do it.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
From the homepage it says the draft is on Thursday. I'd like to do it myself, but if its on Thursday like it says on the page, then I guess I'll have to let the computer do it.
Yeah, it says Thursday the 19th. Good catch.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
Looks like the Falcons didnt show up for the game. score is 240 Ravens
Yeah, oh well. Shows our backups need some work. Though it was only 7-0 with 2:00 left in the 1st half. I turned it off when Baltimore intercepted the ball. I really care for preseason games anyway.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't believe Vick only played 3 plays. I wanted to see him against the Ravens D. I guess there is always regular season...

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
WTF? I set it for Sunday. I'll go back and change it and e-mail the league. I'm wondering since I changed it from a private to public league it rescheduled the draft?

To those not in the league; we need ONE more owner at least and can fit in 7 more.

Go here
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

And join league 255200 No password is required.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey RichardS, could you switch the time back to earlier in the morning or a little later? I have a commitment from 10-1 that day....:(
If not, that is ok too.

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs
Hey RichardS, could you switch the time back to earlier in the morning or a little later? I have a commitment from 10-1 that day....:(
If not, that is ok too.
What time zone are you in? You on the West Coast? Would 2PM be okay?