Sports/Football Thread

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
My sister who is a junior in high school had one of the Texans cheerleaders as her math teacher, when she was in 8th grade. Take a look :bowdown: :drool:
I bet she could teach me all sorts of things!

Reaction score
As a lifelong Redskins fan all I can say is thank GOD Joe Gibbs is back. They might not win the Superbowl, but I can bet you players won't be falling asleep in team meeting this year.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by tadcar
Jake (the Snake) Plummer - time to step up??
He better. No excuses now. He should have a running game (Denver always does), and he has some veteran recievers to throw to.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by tadcar
Jake (the Snake) Plummer - time to step up??
Any QB who could take the Arizona Cardinals to the playoffs will do fine with the Broncos, who always seem to have a running game, no matter who's there.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
Any QB who could take the Arizona Cardinals to the playoffs will do fine with the Broncos, who always seem to have a running game, no matter who's there.
Teams should start paying their running backs to go to Denver for a season to get good, then come back. I don't know if they are just good at spotting RB's, or they have good coaching, or what, but they do get a lot of them! Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, and Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson were pretty good when they were there (Anderson if a fullback now I think). That is just in the last couple of years.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Rams, or the running back situation in particular? Their new backup, Steven Jackson, is fresh out of OSU :)cool:), and he should be a good future back for the Rams in my opinion.

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs
Teams should start paying their running backs to go to Denver for a season to get good, then come back. I don't know if they are just good at spotting RB's, or they have good coaching, or what, but they do get a lot of them! Terrell Davis, Clinton Portis, and Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson were pretty good when they were there (Anderson if a fullback now I think). That is just in the last couple of years.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Rams, or the running back situation in particular? Their new backup, Steven Jackson, is fresh out of OSU :)cool:), and he should be a good future back for the Rams in my opinion.
I have to agree with you on the Broncos RB's someone in that orginization sure has an eye for talent at that position. Is Curt Warner still with the Rams? Any thoughts on the Colts? Another team that always seems to be right there in the running. I've always liked Tony Dungee, even when he coached the hated Buccaneers. Getting back to the Broncos does Jake the Snake have anyone to throw to. It's getting so damn hard to remember who's staying and who's going.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Tiger1
I have to agree with you on the Broncos RB's someone in that orginization sure has an eye for talent at that position. Is Curt Warner still with the Rams? Any thoughts on the Colts? Another team that always seems to be right there in the running. I've always liked Tony Dungee, even when he coached the hated Buccaneers. Getting back to the Broncos does Jake the Snake have anyone to throw to. It's getting so damn hard to remember who's staying and who's going.
Kurt Warner is now with the NY Giants. He'll probably mentor Eli Manning this season, while Warner hopes he can also regain his own old form. If not, there'll be a QB Controversy before the end of the season.

I think the Colts are definentely in the elite in the AFC. They've got Tennessee in their division, which is another good team. I think they could go all the way if they have everything click and have few, if any, injuries.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Tiger1
Is Curt Warner still with the Rams?
No, he is with the Giants, I think...

Any thoughts on the Colts? Another team that always seems to be right there in the running. I've always liked Tony Dungee, even when he coached the hated Buccaneers.
I think it is the colts time. They will lose to the Pats in the AFC championship though. Peyton is always good, and hopefully Dungy will have shaped up the "D".

Getting back to the Broncos does Jake the Snake have anyone to throw to. It's getting so damn hard to remember who's staying and who's going.
Yeah, he has Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie. Smith is a vet, and Lelie is a young'n, so he if he can hit his targets, they should catch it...

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the Colts are definentely in the elite in the AFC. They've got Tennessee in their division, which is another good team. I think they could go all the way if they have everything click and have few, if any, injuries.
That brings up another point, does anyone think Eddie George is still worth anything?

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That brings up another point, does anyone think Eddie George is still worth anything?
I think he is not near what he used to be, but he's still a good second-tier RB. A team in need of a veteran RB to mentor a rookie would be glad to have him.

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I wouldn't write him off, I think his best days are behind him.

Brad Ritter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George represents a little insurance for the Pokes who are thin at the tailback position, nothing more, nothing less.

michammer

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm a KC fan, but I don't think they will make the superbowl this year. I'd, obviously, like to see them there, but I think they will lose out to the Colts in the conference game.

I think the Eagles will be the team to beat in the NFC. The Packers will challenge, and, for some reason, I have a feeling the Buccaneers may come back this year.

I see the superbowl as being the Colts and the Eagles.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by michammer
I'm a KC fan, but I don't think they will make the superbowl this year. I'd, obviously, like to see them there, but I think they will lose out to the Colts in the conference game.

I think the Eagles will be the team to beat in the NFC. The Packers will challenge, and, for some reason, I have a feeling the Buccaneers may come back this year.

I see the superbowl as being the Colts and the Eagles.
I think the Bucs will definentely be competitive. But their division includes the NFC-champion Panthers (who haven't lost many people), as well as the Falcons and Saints. Its the toughest division in the whole NFL. Everyone of those teams has a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still say the Texans will at least get into the playoffs with a wild card spot, but I dont know if they would wint our division.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the Bucs will definentely be competitive. But their division includes the NFC-champion Panthers (who haven't lost many people), as well as the Falcons and Saints. Its the toughest division in the whole NFL. Everyone of those teams has a legitimate shot at the playoffs.
The Bucs, Panthers, and Falcons could all be contenders for the super bowl...