Sports/Football Thread

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see that there is some talk of sports and football in various threads, so I thought we should just make a thread.

First off, who will win the Super Bowl this year, and do you think the Dolphins would have had a shot had Ricky not quit?

Patrocles

Reaction score
Don't watch football. The only sport I follow semi-regularly is the MotoGP. The Italian rider Valentino Rossi (known as 'the doctor' for his craziness and speed on the track!), 3 time world champion, is currently ahead in points with 7 races remaining in the year! I'm still cheering on the Americans Kenny Roberts, Kurtis Roberts (brothers and sons of Kenny Roberts "The King")!

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs
I see that there is some talk of sports and football in various threads, so I thought we should just make a thread.

First off, who will win the Super Bowl this year, and do you think the Dolphins would have had a shot had Ricky not quit?
It sure took me by surprise when I heard Ricky Williams hung it up. The Dolphins always seem so close to getting in. I'm a Packers fan and I know that the Dolphins are looking at Najeh Davenport, Ahman Greene's back up. If that happened I think that would be a big lose for Green Bay and a big gain for Miami. As to the Super Bowl, well I of course want to see Brett Favre get one more ring.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Sports/Football Thread

Originally posted by Tiger1
It sure took me by surprise when I heard Ricky Williams hung it up. The Dolphins always seem so close to getting in. I'm a Packers fan and I know that the Dolphins are looking at Najeh Davenport, Ahman Greene's back up. If that happened I think that would be a big lose for Green Bay and a big gain for Miami. As to the Super Bowl, well I of course want to see Brett Favre get one more ring.
Green bay is another one of those teams that has a shot every year, but they keep coming up short. They need a reciever to step up to fill the void left by Donald Drivers sub-par play. I like Green Bay because their middle linebacker, Nick Barnett, went to OSU, the Beavers, which I am very fond of...

I think the Eagles will get to the bowl this year. Even though they lost some defensive backs, they finally added a pash rush and a wide reciever threat. The pieces are in place.

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Sports/Football Thread

Green bay is another one of those teams that has a shot every year, but they keep coming up short. They need a reciever to step up to fill the void left by Donald Drivers sub-par play. I like Green Bay because their middle linebacker, Nick Barnett, went to OSU, the Beavers, which I am very fond of...

I think the Eagles will get to the bowl this year. Even though they lost some defensive backs, they finally added a pash rush and a wide reciever threat. The pieces are in place.
I think Nick Barnett is going to be a great linebacker. If the Eagles don't get there do you think it will be the end for Andy Reed? Looks like Green Bay has lost a good d-back (Mike McKenzie) also. As for Donald Driver and the rest of the receivers, I'm hoping that this is the year that they're all on the same page. Wouldn't mind seeing some better tight-end play also.

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
Go Texans
I'm sure you have already done a scouting report on the Texans cheerleaders, but how's the actual team look this year?

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My sister who is a junior in high school had one of the Texans cheerleaders as her math teacher, when she was in 8th grade. Take a look :bowdown: :drool:

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My sister who is a junior in high school had one of the Texans cheerleaders as her math teacher, when she was in 8th grade. Take a look :bowdown: :drool:
They didn't build them like that when I was in school.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sports/Football Thread

Originally posted by Tiger1
I think Nick Barnett is going to be a great linebacker. If the Eagles don't get there do you think it will be the end for Andy Reed? Looks like Green Bay has lost a good d-back (Mike McKenzie) also. As for Donald Driver and the rest of the receivers, I'm hoping that this is the year that they're all on the same page. Wouldn't mind seeing some better tight-end play also.
Re: Andy Reid-
Oh man, I don't know. They have been so close in years before, but he hasn't brought home anything. He would at least be on the hot seat.

Donald Driver showed promise a couple of years ago, but after that neck injury he had he isn't the same. Javon Walker and Ferguson will hopefully become targets, as they get another year under their belt.

The pats will also be a threat, now they have a running game worth mentioning with Corey Dillon.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I had to get excited. Me and my dad have been season ticket holders since '88. In all honesty, I think they actually have a good shot this year. I'd say Philly and Atlanta in the NFC Championship and New England vs. Kansas City. I don't think I'll give my Super Bowl prediction just yet. But I can guarrantee you the NFC South will be once again be the toughest division in the league, with all 4 teams in it having a chance to go all the way. And in the AFC, I think the AFC West is the toughest.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. The falcons do have a good chance. Hopefully Price and Vick can really dial it in this year. NO INJURIES!
I don't know about KC though, they are kind of like the Eagles, they have some pieces, just not enough to pull them through. The Eagles got them this year though with TO and the freak, so the Eagles will be good, KC is still looking for the player(s) that completes them IMO. Maybe they will put something together this season though.

I say if everyone stays healthy, Falcons and Eagles in the NFC and New England and....THE COLTS in the AFC. Or possibly the Ravens may do something this year. Boller and Heap have had one year to get experience together, now it is time to produce.

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will take a risk and pick Packers and Broncos! Don't laugh, strangest things happen in the NFL!
:banana:

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. The falcons do have a good chance. Hopefully Price and Vick can really dial it in this year. NO INJURIES!
I don't know about KC though, they are kind of like the Eagles, they have some pieces, just not enough to pull them through. The Eagles got them this year though with TO and the freak, so the Eagles will be good, KC is still looking for the player(s) that completes them IMO. Maybe they will put something together this season though.

I say if everyone stays healthy, Falcons and Eagles in the NFC and New England and....THE COLTS in the AFC. Or possibly the Ravens may do something this year. Boller and Heap have had one year to get experience together, now it is time to produce.
I was kinda of debating between Indy and KC. I just think that KC is finally going to get their defense in order. Even an average defense with that offense will make the team nearly unstoppable. But I don't think the Ravens have a chance. They have some great players, but I don't think they have good team cohesion.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Texans will get at least into divisional playoffs as a wildcard
Houston is definentely improving, but look at your division. Indianapolis and Tennessee? They're both playoff teams. And Jacksonville is coming back too. If the Texans do make it to the playoffs, it'll be an uphill battle. But I'll root for y'all. Oh, and before you Cowboys fans show up, Cowboys suck! :D