Spoogbob VASL Punk

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Playing on Sunday night and this guy called Spoogbob came into our room and deleted the odd counters from our game. Both information and units.

We did not notice to start off with as the scenario was large. When challenged he wrote "me no speekie englishi or such crap. If anyone knows him I would love his details. If you see him in your game shut him out he is a twat

Ian

Sully

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd hate to have to always do it, but don't forget that you can lock the room so no one can jump in. -Sully

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thanks for the warning.

I believe if he happens to be in your room, the person who created the room has also the option to kick him out.

von Marwitz

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
yes you can but that may be too late so locking is safer. Is it possible to track this origin of this by the mods in VASSAL, I don't know.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
How does one eject someone from a VASL room?
I have done it only once, so I don't remember exactly - but this is what I seem to recall:

You open a room normally. This means as the "owner" of the room your alias appear in bold font.
If you are the "owner" of the room and another user is in your room, I *think* you can right-click on that other user and have an option to "kick user".

I am not sure if it is required that your room is locked to do so.

Something in that line. It should be easy to figure out next time before you begin to play with your regular opponent by testing.

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
To lock your room * to kick a chap out

In the window there you see everyone after you get online (the box on the left hand side) .. right click on the name of your room .. you will see an option to lock .. then look at the box on the right hand side .. right click on the offender .. you will see an option to kick the person out. I believe you need to lock the room before you can kick a person out of your room.

Spoogebob Attack Just Now

15 mins ago I was in a room watching ARMORED SAMURAI in progress. He selected all the counters and multiplied them into huge stacks. (I don't want to show you a screenshot of the game without permission from the players .. but it was WRECKED)
Spoogebob copy.jpg
IP.jpeg
He then went to the other rooms, room by room .. so I messaged the other chaps to tell them to lock their rooms.

I did a look up on the IP and find that it's from Chicago. I PM'd Spoogebob and said "You are from Chicago" .. and he answered "So what". So it doesn't sound like he's masking his IP. There's obviously the area code associated but you can google map it yourself in case it reminds you of anyone.

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
To lock your room * to kick a chap out

In the window there you see everyone after you get online (the box on the left hand side) .. right click on the name of your room .. you will see an option to lock .. then look at the box on the right hand side .. right click on the offender .. you will see an option to kick the person out. I believe you need to lock the room before you can kick a person out of your room.

Spoogebob Attack Just Now

15 mins ago I was in a room watching ARMORED SAMURAI in progress. He selected all the counters and multiplied them into huge stacks. (I don't want to show you a screenshot of the game without permission from the players .. but it was WRECKED)
View attachment 4551
View attachment 4550
He then went to the other rooms, room by room .. so I messaged the other chaps to tell them to lock their rooms.

I did a look up on the IP and find that it's from Chicago. I PM'd Spoogebob and said "You are from Chicago" .. and he answered "So what". So it doesn't sound like he's masking his IP. There's obviously the area code associated but you can google map it yourself in case it reminds you of anyone.
Thanks. I make a point of saving and keeping VASL games at the start of every player turn. Comes from playing over flakey connections.

I just verified that if you set up the room, you can lock it, and once you have locked it you can right click on a user in that room (in the user list in the left window with all the rooms listed) and there is a "kick" option that appears. Just confirmed that a person "kicked" like that is gone from the room.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Glad that wasn't my son this time. The reason I know, he has no idea was masturbating is. :oops:

I was mortified when the culprit happened to be my son last time.
He was innocent.
And we now have a funny story for our common memory.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a little dick.

I like to lurk in on games to see what is going on. If this makes everyone lock theirs then we'll all be poorer for it.
You can always message the persons in the room and ask permission to enter. For that matter if it is not your game then you should always ask to enter a room - most persons ill be generous and let you in.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My somewhat old school sleuthing leads me to believe that Spoogebob is using his employer's PC.

His employer appears to be Quick Delivery Services located on the lower west side of Chicago. They specialize in task related deliveries and courier services, for which they have no insurance and received mixed customer reviews.

Any legal steps are above my pay grade.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
And last night..Thanks to whoever PM'd me to save my game; we were done playing for the night anyway so I just sat there and berated the f*cker while he did his vandalism.
Well played sir.....but I wish I could have been there to help out with my unique linguistic style.....