Splitting counters?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hhas anybody had a problem with some of the countersheets that came with CoS, I cut mine out last week, the Japanese ones were split into top halves and bottom halves. Not what I have come to expect from BFP.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I encountered it with maybe a quarter of a sheet of counters. While I'm sure if I'd asked they'd have sent replacements, I just used a brush with some pva glue and the problem was solved. Speak to one of the BFP guys Olli, I'm sure they will see you right.

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hhas anybody had a problem with some of the countersheets that came with CoS, I cut mine out last week, the Japanese ones were split into top halves and bottom halves. Not what I have come to expect from BFP.
chuckles. And I thought I was a tough critic of counters. :)

No one expects perfection, few deliver that anyway. However what one has come to expect (and admire) from BFP is to go the extra step to quickly correct any mistakes or problems. If you didn't get prompt action from them to replace them, then I'd expect the earth to spin wildly out of orbit and all life to end. :).

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
chuckles. And I thought I was a tough critic of counters. :)

No one expects perfection, few deliver that anyway. However what one has come to expect (and admire) from BFP is to go the extra step to quickly correct any mistakes or problems. If you didn't get prompt action from them to replace them, then I'd expect the earth to spin wildly out of orbit and all life to end. :).
well whilst on the subject there are a row of counters where it looks as if the colours were still wet and got dragged through several counters in a row as well, it does take a lot for me to comment on things, when home next will contact them with the problem, there is , at the moment no rush to have them replaced, and you guys should know that of me!! ROFLMAO

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Olli we will absolutely replace these for you. Please send Sam Tyson a note and he will get them out to you on the triple quick.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Olli we will absolutely replace these for you. Please send Sam Tyson a note and he will get them out to you on the triple quick.
Will do when home in three weeks, as I said, no rush, I started this thread to see if it was a once only, it was only one set that was affected and cannot remember which were the problem. As always thanks for the quick reply from the guys of BFP!

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey BFP guys...I finally punched my COS counters last week getting ready for West Coast Melee, and some of my Japanese counters split like the others mentioned. Are you still offering replacements?...I can send you pics of the bad counters if you need me to.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey BFP guys...I finally punched my COS counters last week getting ready for West Coast Melee, and some of my Japanese counters split like the others mentioned. Are you still offering replacements?...I can send you pics of the bad counters if you need me to.

Semper Fi!
Scott

we are sir. Please reach out to Sam Tyson and he will get replacements to you.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
how prevalent is this problem?

I am a "do not punch it until you need it" guy :eek:(I know I know HERETIC!:clown::nuts:) and am wondering if I should punch them now.

Thoughts?

Peace

Roger

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
how prevalent is this problem?

I am a "do not punch it until you need it" guy :eek:(I know I know HERETIC!:clown::nuts:) and am wondering if I should punch them now.

Thoughts?

Peace

Roger
I bought 2 of the module.... I punched the first and.... yep, those Japanese on the #2 counter sheet-- right side ones-- split.... all the other counter sheets were fine. Sam replaced the sheet.:thumup:

Couple of weeks later... I thought to check the unopened CoS and sure enough the same #2 sheet had Japanese splitters. Sam is replacing them.

Seems like a printer problem, that is, they did not detect the issue... which appears to be no glue between the from and back cardboard.

How wide spread? Wouldn't think much.... rather have rather won "Publishers Clearing House":)

It is a great module.... funny the Countersheet #2 was a good deed addition for the B&J white core counters that I did not mind at all. Which goes to prove....

Best regards,:salute:
John

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm the same way.

I'm not going to worry about it. Chances are I might not ever punch those particular counters. If I do then I've got my little bottle of Elmers handy. The hassle of punching all the B&J counters and storing them far outweighs gluing together a few counters.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
thanks! I will check mine.

I am not certain I even care as I am also a heretic in the fact I did not need the gray core, I was fine with the white core and the free intel they gave.......

Peace

Roger

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sent a message to Sam about my counter problems, just waiting to hear back.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Contact BFP they are excellent at fixing this for you.