Spiderman / Alien chess sets

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you like a little pizazz with your chess sets, check out these cool (if expensive) Spiderman and Alien chess sets by SOTA Toys:

Chessbase

I think the Alien set is really well-done. I would hate to be checkmated by THAT queen! LOL! :laugh:

Wik

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Aliens set is very cool indeed.

However I'd have to say that when I started really playing chess, I found myself much prefering the standard tournament mat/pieces over the themed sets. I've got too much stuff now to leave any display-worthy sets out. In fact the only place I've got where I can reasonably leave things out on display is on my desk here at work. I've had a few people give me themed chess sets and they're all in storage. :upset:

- Chad

Hugh Downing

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Themed chess sets are nice to look at and they make great conversation pieces, but they are just too distracting for me to play a regular game on them.

Hugh

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hugh Downing said:
Themed chess sets are nice to look at and they make great conversation pieces, but they are just too distracting for me to play a regular game on them.

Hugh
I agree. I prefer a good, wood Staunton set myself. It's classy and functional! Check this set out! :surprise:

Even if I had the money, I don't know that I would pay $1,895 for it! Sheesh! I could buy a great PC for that price!!!!