spiderman 2

who is going to see Spiderman 2

• I've already seen it, what took you so long.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I'm going to see it as soon as it opens.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may see it sometime, I not right away (I hate crowds)

• I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

• No interest in seeing it at all.

• Spiderman 2? When was 1?

• Enough with the polls already.

• Total voters

tsar

Reaction score
I just saw an advanced screening of this movie and thought I would do my first poll on it. Not to give anything away but I have to say that Spidy wins in the end.

Patrocles

Reaction score
I think there is another poll on S2 floating around this forum...check it out!

Hey, you ruined the film for me by giving away the ending!! :p

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Shane Sohnle
I have to agree with that last sentiment... ;)

My kids are total Spidey freaks (The classic Spiderman cartoon from back when I was a brat are their favs), so I'm going to be taking the herd...

Mmmm... Kirsten Dunst... :drool:

I just caught an episode of "Spiderman and His Amazing Friends" the other day, and I swear, the voice of Iceman was the same guy who did Freddie in the Scooby Doo cartoons. The other characters sounded familiar, too.

I'm going to see the movie at the opening tomorrow with my dad. We're both big fans of the first movie.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There seems to be a certain core group of voices that make the rounds. I have teletoon on on the background alot (kids are watching it right now, for example), and you can hear the same set of voices over and over and...

viking370

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK IM SEEING IT AT MIDNIGHT AND REALLY THE ONLY REASON BEHIND THIS IS ONE OF MY FRIENDS HAS A SPARE TICKET AND HE SAID I DIDN'T NEED TO PAY HIM FOR IT JUST TO DRIVE HIM TO THE THEATRE AND HOME AGAIN. OTHER THEN THAT I PROBABLY WOULDNT EVEN SEE IT IN THEATRES

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Shane Sohnle
There seems to be a certain core group of voices that make the rounds. I have teletoon on on the background alot (kids are watching it right now, for example), and you can hear the same set of voices over and over and...

You're hearing voices? Perhaps you should seek professional help... :D

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by viking370
OK IM SEEING IT AT MIDNIGHT AND REALLY THE ONLY REASON BEHIND THIS IS ONE OF MY FRIENDS HAS A SPARE TICKET AND HE SAID I DIDN'T NEED TO PAY HIM FOR IT JUST TO DRIVE HIM TO THE THEATRE AND HOME AGAIN. OTHER THEN THAT I PROBABLY WOULDNT EVEN SEE IT IN THEATRES

With gas prices nowadays, your friend is probably getting a great deal! Oh, and maybe you should turn off CapsLock...

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally posted by Bariman
You're hearing voices? Perhaps you should seek professional help... :D
Nah, Amateur works better for me. Same results, and it doesn't cost me anything! :drool:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
With gas prices nowadays, your friend is probably getting a great deal!

True enough! Gas prices have dropped here a bit - I can get it out here where I live for 77.8 Canuck/Litre

Oh, and maybe you should turn off CapsLock...
Some of us may be hard of hearing... That's why some people shout! :p

eagle101

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw the first one and was very pleased on how they kept it as close to the comic as possible. I very excited in seeing it tommorow!!

:bowdown:

Thanks

CURRAHEE

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by eagle101
I saw the first one and was very pleased on how they kept it as close to the comic as possible. I very excited in seeing it tommorow!!

:bowdown:

Thanks

CURRAHEE

I think the only big change they made from the comics is that the webs shoot out of glands from his wrists, rather than armbands he invented. I think in the comics he would sometimes modify the web-chemical in the bands to combat specific enemies, like the water-dude (Flash?). Stan Lee said he wished he had thought of the web-glands when he created the comic in the 60s.

eagle101

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the only big change they made from the comics is that the webs shoot out of glands from his wrists, rather than armbands he invented. I think in the comics he would sometimes modify the web-chemical in the bands to combat specific enemies, like the water-dude (Flash?). Stan Lee said he wished he had thought of the web-glands when he created the comic in the 60s.
Yeah your right, but I like the idea of the webs shooting out from his wrists. It gives it more of a realistic feel!!

Thanks

CURRAHEE

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
IIRC, this was actually an idea originally dating from the comics (albeit ones that came out LONG after Stan started the whole thing) which dealt with an alternative future version of Spider-Man.

Dr. S.

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by eagle101
Yeah your right, but I like the idea of the webs shooting out from his wrists. It gives it more of a realistic feel!!

Thanks

CURRAHEE

A man is bitten by a genetically engineered spider, gets infused with it's DNA, and gains spider-strength, spider-reflexes, Spider-Sense (TM), and spider web-glands, and that is realistic. That's about as realistic as some British guy with an eyepatch going onto a military-themed magazine's forums and recruiting followers in his plot to take over the world!

Oh, wait...

(thinking real hard)

Maybe not so unrealistic after all...

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I cant stand the cartoon movies of today. I like the old ones from the 80s. Dolph Lundgren as Punisher as well as He - Man. Word has it also that there is gonna be a Voltron Movie coming out soon.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Personally, I don't go to the movies often anymore, so I'll probably just end up renting it. I do rent a lot of movies. In the past 6 months I've only seen two movies in the theater. Its just way too overpriced, even the matinees.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
Personally, I don't go to the movies often anymore, so I'll probably just end up renting it. I do rent a lot of movies. In the past 6 months I've only seen two movies in the theater. Its just way too overpriced, even the matinees.

The last movie I saw in the theaters was Gods And Generals.

tsar

Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
I probably wouldn’t see as many movies as I do if not for the girl friend. Besides I got free tickets to this one so it was hard to pass up. I usually try to go to the dollar theater down the street if I get the chance. Saw star wars attack of the clowns…oops clones. There and I thought it was still over priced. :p