Speed Over Caution BFP 22 query...

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When placing the orchard hexes to cover the three hex stone building up.
Does the wall around said building stay intact or does the orchard overlay create an opening in the wall? Makes a big difference.

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the last sentence of A2.71 is to be beleived, I would say that the wall probably doesn't exist (and this is me saying this without even seeing the map, mind you - I may have the configuration wrong): "For other overlays, cut each one 1/8" outside of its exterior hexside (approximately to the tip of its partial hexspines".

rcornwell

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
We played it that the wall does exist. IIRC it says that the hexes are treated as orchards, not an overlay. If they meant to blank out the wall they would place an overlay (O3 would do the job).

On VASL you can use dragable overlays that are smaller than the hex.

Last edited:

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree that the walls still exist. I think that is exactly the reason Chas didn't say to use the 3 hex orchard overlay.

Bill

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the help and that is how we played it FTF. Only asked because I saw a game of it on VASL where part of the wall was not there. We cover all bases during the Albany scenario selection process. So much so that every hexside on that great overlay will be pre-judged if bypassable or not. Many of those hexsides, because of the jagged artwork, are NOT bypassable.