Special Ops #8 is Up for Ordering

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not ASL exclusive content, but does contain two ASL and two ASLSK scenarios (although the other content does look interesting). If you are a completist, you'll have to order. Awaiting the shipping notice for my copy...

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
For me it's half ASL completist and half having something wargaming that isn't ASL. Between Sp Ops and GMT's C3I each roughly once a year, that is just about right to keep that itch of mine scratched.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
There’s also a Red Barricades article about various Russian setup considerations for Oct 17

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A hypothetical battle and 2 ASL scenarios for 38 bucks is just not worth it for me too buy.
Ditto.
If the game inserted in the mag corresponded with a topic which interested me, I would perhaps order it...
But, strangely, I never liked Whatifs.
I am sure, however, that quite enough people will purchase the magazine, and all the better for them.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Always fun to watch the guys who boast about buying (and shelving) multiple copies of core modules they already own then complaining about not having money to 'waste' on Operations. Priceless.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Why is the map for the Avenge Pearl Harbor printed upside down? North shoud always face upward.
Well, not exactly.

Elves, for example, are known to point their maps to the West, i.e. inot the direction of Valinor from Endor.

This would still not explain why the map-elves elected to design that map with South upwards, though.

von Marwitz

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Elves, for example, are known to point their maps to the West, i.e. inot the direction of Valinor from Endor.
Everyone knows you put east at the top of the map, towards Jerusalem and the Garden of Eden. That's why maps are properly "oriented" and not "occidented," "septentrioned," or "meridioned."

JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Everyone knows you put east at the top of the map, towards Jerusalem and the Garden of Eden. That's why maps are properly "oriented" and not "occidented," "septentrioned," or "meridioned."

JR
Not to mention, very "viking" in its approach to a world view.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

JR
It is more about the sunrise, as the biblical texts speak of that orientation from within the land - with "right" (yāmîn) designating the South.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting my hands on mine this Sunday. Will probably play the psudo-historical game first as it turns out one of the guys here likes those sort of things.