Special Forces I & II

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Hey I am thinking of picking these up, what is the replayablity on these?

I have seen the counters, Chapter H notes and the scenarios looks good but how do they play out and your thoughts?

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey I am thinking of picking these up, what is the replayablity on these?

I have seen the counters, Chapter H notes and the scenarios looks good but how do they play out and your thoughts?
The boat rules in SFII are good to have.

Maybe even combine the SF II counters into a Pegasus Bridge scenario or two..... Read the Ambrose book on PB and he talks about E-boats patrolling down the river.....

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
The boat rules in SFII are good to have.

Maybe even combine the SF II counters into a Pegasus Bridge scenario or two..... Read the Ambrose book on PB and he talks about E-boats patrolling down the river.....
I'd check for corroborating sources before I believed a single thing Ambrose wrote or claimed to have written..

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd check for corroborating sources before I believed a single thing Ambrose wrote or claimed to have written..

I did read his book about Lewis & Clarke and actually found some of the locations he spoke about in the book.

Since this is only a "game", fictious writings have become classic SL/ASL Scenarios.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don,

Alex Key has the counters available.

I paid $7 a piece for each set of counters.

The SFI has some cool vehicles, but more of them "British" khaki infantry MMCs.

The SFII has GREAT German Boats and the new German Infantry counters to use with the module.

The Chapter H info pages for SFII are well worth the price for the module. Check with Alex for these items.

Send me an email as well.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like these two because of their unique nature to the war as a whole. I like different items, and this is one or two of them. Worth picking up in mybook. But, my book is full with almost all ASL stuff put out.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like these two because of their unique nature to the war as a whole. I like different items, and this is one or two of them. Worth picking up in mybook. But, my book is full with almost all ASL stuff put out.
Dude,

Just get the counters from Alex Keys

Danish

CyberASL Open Tournament Director
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
How are they in regards to errors?
I believe they came out in a period where the HOB stuff was filled with errors.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A couple scenarios in SF II: Kustenjagers call for using the Reaction Force Table located on the inside of the booklet. This table then refers to 'SMC'. What table should be used to generate said leader values?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Table 1 is German forces. The question is the Reaction Platoon Table states that you get SMC and SW but they are not defined. Where is this information located?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A couple scenarios in SF II: Kustenjagers call for using the Reaction Force Table located on the inside of the booklet. This table then refers to 'SMC'. What table should be used to generate said leader values?
I read through the SSR's and I am guessing that you use the Ch H1.92. I say this because in SSR's, SF II 6.22 states that you cannot use DYO for leader creation for KJ units. Just my .02.