SPECIAL FORCES 2 from HoB

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Guys Just saw this one it is up for Pre order and is shipping on the 4th 0f April. $37 for the US and $44 for the rest of the world... second last product coming from HoB

Binko

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guys Just saw this one it is up for Pre order and is shipping on the 4th 0f April. $37 for the US and $44 for the rest of the world... second last product coming from HoB
$37 seems extraordinarily steep for 6 scenarios, 6 pages of rules and 1/4 countersheet.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Its a must buy for me. Despite the price. Can't wait till Kohima is ready. It will be HOBs swan song unfortunately. But they have had a good run for their money. Well done HOB. I'll miss you.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Have to say Shaun Carter had the map set up at Heroes with a game going on it
It looks just PHENOMONAL

I don't like PTO at all...but I'd start playing a bit more to prepare for this

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
$37 seems extraordinarily steep for 6 scenarios, 6 pages of rules and 1/4 countersheet.
Really? It's $44 to the UK and I pressed the button.

That works out at $6 a scenario. The quarter sheet of counters adds to the value.

Not Cheap but not really expensive. Of course it depends on the quality of the scenarios, 6 great scenarios are much better that 12 crap ones.

Ian

Stardragon99

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Shipping to Canada is the game-breaker for me. It costs no more to ship to Canada than within the US. Complete profit grab. BFP has the same Canada/US rate and MMP shipping is actually cheaper to Canada (albeit slower as well). This will be waaay cheaper from Gamer's Armory soon and feature reasonable shipping costs.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Shipping to Canada is the game-breaker for me. It costs no more to ship to Canada than within the US. Complete profit grab. BFP has the same Canada/US rate and MMP shipping is actually cheaper to Canada (albeit slower as well). This will be waaay cheaper from Gamer's Armory soon and feature reasonable shipping costs.
I did wonder at the USA one price and Canada and the rest of the world another as it has to be more to ship to me.

Ian

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really? It's $44 to the UK and I pressed the button.

That works out at $6 a scenario. The quarter sheet of counters adds to the value.

Not Cheap but not really expensive. Of course it depends on the quality of the scenarios, 6 great scenarios are much better that 12 crap ones.

Ian
$6 a scenario with no other added value than a 1/4 countersheet is extraordinarily expensive. Has there been a similar product with a higher cost per scenario ratio?

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
$6 a scenario with no other added value than a 1/4 countersheet is extraordinarily expensive. Has there been a similar product with a higher cost per scenario ratio?
Well you also get an overlay (no details so it could be a few hexes or half a map, really don't know). Also included is 6 pages of relevent rules fot the MGB's.

But yes when I stop and think others are a fair bit lower. But with the other bits comes accross as not to bad.

Ian

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll probably get it as well. Sigh, it's the same mentality that keeps some other TPP's in business.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
LOL !!! same as the shinny black tablets on another thread????

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wild Bill Wilder doesn't set prices. He relies on the lack of common sense and willpower on the part of his customers for that.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
But with this being one of the last items to be published by HOB (if what is said is true) will that have any effect on sales?

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mark,

This would be a perfect addition to your Desperation Morals website. You could summarize in plot/table form a number of variables such as # of scenarios, # of counter sheets, etc. vs. cost for each product so that the community could have a basis of comparison for exactly these kinds of discussions. Of course if it were done this way it would all be ASL relative. Maybe you could then add in some current other entertainment costs such as a night out at the movies or dinner for two. You also touched on historic cost growth in another thread dealing with BV cost increases over the years. It would be interesting to see what historic cost growth vs size of manufacturer would yield. I'm guessing an outfit like HOB has experienced much higher perceived growth in product cost between releases, but may well be on average with the rest of the industry.

The only reason I'm suggesting you do this is that you potentially might have an awful lot of this information/data readily available given the complete nature of the content you already track.

Just a thought.

Bill

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did start comparing ASL prices to the amount of time you could get with a third world sex worker, but the currency conversions took too long. Plus, every time I tried, I seemed to rapidly lose interest after about 10-15 minutes and had to smoke a cigarette.

Mark,

This would be a perfect addition to your Desperation Morals website. You could summarize in plot/table form a number of variables such as # of scenarios, # of counter sheets, etc. vs. cost for each product so that the community could have a basis of comparison for exactly these kinds of discussions. Of course if it were done this way it would all be ASL relative. Maybe you could then add in some current other entertainment costs such as a night out at the movies or dinner for two. You also touched on historic cost growth in another thread dealing with BV cost increases over the years. It would be interesting to see what historic cost growth vs size of manufacturer would yield. I'm guessing an outfit like HOB has experienced much higher perceived growth in product cost between releases, but may well be on average with the rest of the industry.

The only reason I'm suggesting you do this is that you potentially might have an awful lot of this information/data readily available given the complete nature of the content you already track.

Just a thought.

Bill

Jerry Simmons

ntasl.com
Reaction score
I did start comparing ASL prices to the amount of time you could get with a third world sex worker, but the currency conversions took too long. Plus, every time I tried, I seemed to rapidly lose interest after about 10-15 minutes and had to smoke a cigarette.
This is what's wrong with our economy. Everybody outsources everything! :laugh:

Won't be getting this one. Not dumping on it but found myself uninterested in the first one, which I purchased during my former "auto-buy" ASL mindset. The term "expensive" gets a bit subjective when it comes to ASL stuff.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
This is what's wrong with our economy. Everybody outsources everything! :laugh:

Won't be getting this one. Not dumping on it but found myself uninterested in the first one, which I purchased during my former "auto-buy" ASL mindset. The term "expensive" gets a bit subjective when it comes to ASL stuff.
True. If you get even a few hours entertainment out of $40 here, you're beating the heck out of 1) drinking, 2) golf, 3) movies... ASL is about the cheapest entertainment going.... ;)

S