Speaking of M. Night Shyamalan - who has seen "Signs"

Patrocles

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT! This thread will contain details about the film "Signs." Read at your own risk! :D

speaking of MNS....
I was sick last week and my bud loaned me a bunch of DVDs. One of the films I watched was "Signs" by M. Night Shyamalan starring Mel Gibson. The film reminded me of the "
George Lucas Episode I and II Complex" in having a great idea but not quite able to pull it off.

The film had some very suspensful moments, but I found them to be wasted in the end by the following (IMHO)
1. The characters seemed quite demur about aliens walking around their house. I wanted to see folks freakin' out!!
2. I think MNS should not have expanded these signs and visits to the entire planet but concentrate on Gibson and his family.
3. Did it seem strange to anyone that advanced space-traveling aliens who can be harmed by water did not take any precautions or safety measures when visiting a planet that is 70% covered in water??!!

What are your opinions of this film? just curious...

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Patrocles
SPOILER ALERT! This thread will contain details about the film "Signs." Read at your own risk! :D

speaking of MNS....
I was sick last week and my bud loaned me a bunch of DVDs. One of the films I watched was "Signs" by M. Night Shyamalan starring Mel Gibson. The film reminded me of the "
George Lucas Episode I and II Complex" in having a great idea but not quite able to pull it off.

The film had some very suspensful moments, but I found them to be wasted in the end by the following (IMHO)
1. The characters seemed quite demur about aliens walking around their house. I wanted to see folks freakin' out!!
2. I think MNS should not have expanded these signs and visits to the entire planet but concentrate on Gibson and his family.
3. Did it seem strange to anyone that advanced space-traveling aliens who can be harmed by water did not take any precautions or safety measures when visiting a planet that is 70% covered in water??!!

What are your opinions of this film? just curious...

I like it alot. Along with everything else. Oh and about #3 just read my thread.

Marines

Reaction score
just what we need, another sci fi film
Actually sci-fi has been absent from the movies lately and rarely makes an appearance. The only sci-fi film of the year that I know of will be AvP coming out in October.