SPCAMO-WinMBT AAR Dvcc vc AEF027.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
:) Hello. The files have arrived and we begin Modern combat on a Windows desktop screen. [Never thought that would happen when I first bought the Arsenal.]

:surprise:

:D :D :D

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 1

Our Soviet Forces have been deployed to the region to stomp out the American resistance and bring stability back to the region. There are sprawling mountains throughout the area. We are out in force to hunt these Imperialistic Capitalistic Americans. The Bear will be victorious over the Eagle :smoke:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello.

Hello.
The Soviets forces have been spotted. At last the time has come to kill some more Commies.
The map is simply beautific; thanks for setting it up AEF.
The T-80's are already showing signs of being able to advance with impunity. Four rounds of Hellfire achieved nothing.
However the Apaches soon bored of the hard to hit, armour-skin, thick-as-Politburo-rigamarole and turned on two Soviet choppers nearby.
One Sov-attack-helo was damaged lightly and the other Commie, transport helo was summarily dispatched in a one-hex shootout.
This tactic was decided against earlier in the turn after an Apache got too cocky and stuck his nose out to far. It was treated to an overwhelming dose of BMP and Shilka fire. Gawd knowse how hese survived it so far?! I don't.
Fortunately, the memory span of these fast dragonflys is quite short.; they soon wandered around in search of repeat customers.
At the moment though, no bonus air point miles are being considered in the overall tactical plan for these commie sons a bitches. [Cool :cry: This brings back memories of lost youth!]

This is shaping up to be one of the greatest of battles. possible in the WinMBT game.

Dvcc

Last edited:

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 2

Our Air units faced a barrage of shoulder fired AA weapons. We lost 1 helo and 1 was banged up and had to leave the area. We will approach with more caution in the near future. We inflicted some American casualties this turn from the air. We continue to press on towards the objectives.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello. The American forces are fighting back with choppers. However, aside from hitting other choppers, the Apache cannot seem to land Hellfire on tanks very easily.

This may change over time, however I may have to rely on the AI to do the hard work of 'Fire' while manage the 'Maneuver'.

Danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 3

The Soviet Hinds returned the favor and engaged some US Apaches. Our T-80's also have returned fire on the Apaches. The Soviets caused some casualties on some US Rangers. We are bracing for a collision that will be upon us soon :devil:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello. At long last the Apache have hit some tanks.
Gotta love watching roasted T-80's.

danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 4

Our forces have inflicted more casualties to those US Rangers. The Americans came out aggressive. The time to counter them is coming soon ;)

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 5

We turned up the heat and went on a minor offensive. We were able to cause loss for the enemy. We will assess the situation and continue to bring the hammer down. :bandit:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello.
Say, I skipped posting after your last email since I wasn't sure if we were restarting.
Glad we are not. Now I have to figure out how to get my forces out of their current mess.
About the only good thing so far is my SAM umbrella.
Just picked up your turn.

danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 6

The US forces are trying to bring their Apaches back on the offensive, but we are resisting quite well. A fierce battle has broken out along the northern road and we are bottlenecking the US forces. We are planning an offensive in the near future :smoke:

PS: Restart is not in my vocabulary :devious:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
aef027 said:
The US forces are trying to bring their Apaches back on the offensive, but we are resisting quite well. A fierce battle has broken out along the northern road and we are bottlenecking the US forces. We are planning an offensive in the near future :smoke:

PS: Restart is not in my vocabulary :devious:
Hello fans.
The Soviets are really tough apples.
This turn the Apache finally showed they were worth their cost.
Together they managed to weaken a Sov AFV/APC attack.
Still much fight remains in the opposing Sov formation.

I am pleased to report that WinMBT is also install friendly. It has allowed us to continue with our play even if we do need to move to allow for priority tournament games into the limited slots in the free game.
Can't wait for me $$ WinMBT CD.

Gus
danstudentvcc

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Turn 17. The end is near and the sky is falling.
The Soviets have mastered the art of holding their ground.
They even manage to gain yards while holding firm in addition to their own turn gains.

However, despite such a challenging circumstance the American Apache Attack-Helos have begun to shot lethal lead.

Indeed the Sky is fallin the Sky is fallin.

Danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 7

The US Apaches swarm the skies, but our forces control the hills. We keep advancing our columns. Soon, we will overrun the US forces and take control of the zone. :cool:

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 8

Our forces continue to push onward. We sustained a few losses while pressing forth. We will hold a line of containment soon and reorganize for another offensive in the near future :rolleyes:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello fight fans.
Those bloody Ruskies. They attack peaceful Western Infantry units with heavy MBT's.
They send attack-helos to kill and maim Abrahms crew men.
And then they have the gall to just stand there in there cosy little limited LOS spots with some mines to delay our delightful counter-attack.

Well we are not going to take. First we shall begin by redefining the main lines. Then we shall use our Rangers to pluck out the most inconvenient of mines.
In the end they shall have to face eviscerating fire from our rearmed Apache.

Due to size and space limitations they were be no war memorial M/KIA listing of the suicidal Soviet Mechanized Tank Corps we face.
There will be life sized cardboard cutouts of each of the brave Western Infantry and Tankmen. As well as a Mulit-media presentation complete with biographies. Juice and cookies will be offered at the main US forces pavilion. Ample parking is provided.

Thanx
Gus
Danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 9

The US Apaches damaged some of our convoy, but we continue to press on with the attack. We will continue to crush all opposition in our path :cool:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello.
This was a quiet turn.
Our troops are all forward trying to determine the make-up of the Soviet lines.
We shall have to attempt to clear the map of any hidden helos. They may manage to transport leg units into the rear as the advance becomes committed.
We have insufficient strength to advance and to defend at the same time, having indulged in purchasing helos myself.

Danstudentvcc

aef027

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Turn 10

The US forces are attempting to advance and we have a wall set to delay them. We will work on a counter offensive and draw them in further. We still have some heavy hitting weapons in our arsenal, but lost a few attempting to move closer this turn...The battle lines are drawn :smoke:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello.

The US forces are now engaged in a seesaw battle of deadly fire exchanges. Tank hulks litter the fields and hills on both sides.

Two plus co's of infantry, Rangers, lead the counter stroke.

Vajas con dios.
God be with them.

Danstudentvcc