'Spartacus' star Whitfield dies of lymphoma at 39

Nexus6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree totally, and I was really bummed when I heard the news. He was great in that series. One of the best strong hero leads I've ever seen. Although the show was maybe a bit over-the-top violent, I still enjoyed it immensely. I like what another actor from the series said about how although they tried to be as faithful to history as possible, they didn't feel that they had to be constrained by it.

BTW, I see that Starz has continued the show despite Andy's passing. Is it any good? Do you recommend?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I was wondering why his character suddenly changed between season 1 and season 2. I didn't know that he died. He did a great job in the blood & sand season 1. I'm sorry to hear that he died, way too young. He did a very good acting job on the show.

If you like season 1 you'll like season 2, vengeance ... this season is about their breakout from from the dominus and the creation of a guerrilla army. I won't mention any specifics (if you're going to see it), but many of the main characters die. You'll have to watch to see which ones: the title "vengeance" gives a very good hint. I like Andy's version of Spartacus better, but the new guy does a good job too, no complaints on my part. I've heard that season 3 is supposed to be the last, which is the war vs Rome, starts this January.