Spanish Civil War

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Vinny. Since I am working on another project at the moment, this one has been back burnered. That not withstanding, I have still been reading through THey Shall Not Pass, and agree it is has the exact level of detail one is looking for in ASL design. Thanks for mentioning Fernando's name. I had been told someone was working on something for MMP, and was curious who. I know Chas had fired off an email, but he has heard nothing back. If you know Fernando, perhaps you could mention Chas is looking for him.
As for a scenario pack, I could almost certainly contribute 3-4 when I am said and done with my reading. As I say, I have to finish what I am working on first, or at least get to a point where I can turn it over to the playtesters and thereby have a break long enough to start going through all the books I bought, almost all by way of reccomendation here. Thanks for keeping in touch, sorry I was a little slow on the response, I had thought this thread dead :).
Hi Carl,

I've put together 3 draft SCW geo boards (Hill, valley and village) and pulled together the SCW force pools/counters used other designers (CH, Paddington Bears, Steve Swann, John Kim, etc). Was thinking something along the lines of a scenario pack. If you, I and maybe Fernando Maniega if he is interested came up with 3-4 scenarios each, it would not be a heavy lift for any single person. I'm not interested in a CG as that is too large an undertaking for me. I know Ferando is working on a HASL with MMP or LFT for fighting around the university area during the battle for Madrid so that is covered. Prefer to use existing ASL counters and we can hash out what will work best for each unit so we are consistent. Let me know if this is something you might be interested in doing.

BTW - I also read They Shall Not Pass. Nice tactical level view of the battle for ASL action. I also looked at satellite images of battlefield that shows his map is off a bit.

I am still in early stages of all this so no rush. Best,

Vinny

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Hi Carl - no problem. This project is years out so no rush. I am also mostly in research phase but starting some draft ideas. I will send you images of boards. Fernando commented in this thread someplace so will go back to find him. Best,

Vinny

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Vinny, do you know his handle here on the Forum? Nevermind, it is fjmaniega.
Hi Carl - no problem. This project is years out so no rush. I am also mostly in research phase but starting some draft ideas. I will send you images of boards. Fernando commented in this thread someplace so will go back to find him. Best,

Vinny

Last edited: