Spanish Civil War ASL or Korean War ASL

Spanish Civil War ASL or Korean War ASL

• Total voters

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Korea...maybe...niether one really grabs my interest much.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I don't know a lot about SCW, but reading some notes from MMP's Guadalajara we might need about 20 new squads (Carlist, anarchist, Phalangist, Philanthropist, Polygamist...)

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Korea all the way. Would love to have battles b/w T34/85s and Pershings. Would further love to see USMC vs. NPKA troops...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know a lot about SCW, but reading some notes from MMP's Guadalajara we might need about 20 new squads (Carlist, anarchist, Phalangist, Philanthropist, Polygamist...)
And that would suck worse than one of Psycho's 80's videos posted from U-tube.

Korea could use a lot of the Chinese and Russian troops counters we already have.

At least I would do it that way.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:cool: Re-reading the U.S. Army's Korean War series, so it probablly peaked my intrest in this area a little more. Actually with all the antagonists, theaters, actions and posssible scenarios still out there, the 2nd WW is still my general cup of tea.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I went with Korea as LfT already did a nice little series on The Spanish Civil War.

Plus, I know almost ZERO, NADA, ZILCH about the Korean War and an ASL module might pique my interest to the point where I actually might read a book or two on the topic.

Last edited:

Peebs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked Korea. Been reading the book by Max Hastings (The Korean War) and just started another small one called Colder than Hell. Hasting's book is on a grand political scale whereas Colder than Hell is more of a battlefield memior.

A Korean module would be a nice addition to the product line.

Mike

paulkenny

Reaction score
I went with Korea as LfT already did a nice little series on The Spanish Civil War.

Plus, I know almost ZERO, NADA, ZILCH about the Korean War and an ASL module might pique my interest to the point where I actually might read a book or two on the topic.

ZERO, NADA, ZILCH

What are three Japanese planes from WW 2?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
SCW, we have enough "hit it and its dead" stuff out there:>)

Peace

Roger
Silly statement, given that there were no tank to tank encounters in Korea...:p

Might be refereshing to have some scenarios that don't have a garage worth of weird tanks...

paulkenny

Reaction score
Silly statement, given that there were no tank to tank encounters in Korea...:p

Might be refereshing to have some scenarios that don't have a garage worth of weird tanks...
actually the SCW featured few weird tanks, there were a number of homegrown tanks/tankettes, armored cars but these were to rare to really justify counterization.

t26 a few Russian AC, the BT-5 some italian tankettes the PzIB covers the vast majority of armored actions

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked Korea. Been reading the book by Max Hastings (The Korean War) and just started another small one called Colder than Hell. Hasting's book is on a grand political scale whereas Colder than Hell is more of a battlefield memior.

A Korean module would be a nice addition to the product line.

Mike
I would add:
The River and the Gauntlet by S.L.A. Marshall
The Forgotten War: America in Korea, 1950-1953 by Clay Blair Jr.
On Hallowed Ground: The Last Battle for Pork Chop Hill , Bill McWilliams

All good stuff..... I am sure there are more books about the desperate battles fought by the allied forces vs. the communists.

Best regards,:salute:
John