Spanish Activation?

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
I realise that it's no use me saying this, but I just checked this, admittedly only once, using TOAW III (b) and:

After the Germans captured Warsaw both the Allied and Axis Poles withdrew the following turn

The Spanish Armed Forces did start on the map

After Paris was taken and France surrendered, the Vichy units and the Axis TO to activate Spain appeared

When the TO was pressed, the Spanish Army mobilised, as did Portugal and the Spanish guerillas, the Vichy troops disappeared and were replaced by the Allied 'Admiral Darlan' formation

i.e. exactly as intended :D

It's possible that some other combination of moves would have produced the reported result, but I can't see how. I wonder if some players are still using the version supplied with the CD/download (maybe without realising it - perhaps they didn't replace it with TOAW III (b) in the right folder?) or aren't familiar with how the TOs work. The only Event that would (should!) cause the Spanish to withdraw is the Allied occupation of Madrid.

Do feel free to post this on the Matrix site or invite players to post questions here. I've deliberately not joined the forum there because I think the discussions will become fragmented and it's easier to keep them where all the other threads on this scenario are, but I'm always pleased to answer questions or check out reported bugs. I honestly did try out every combination that I reasonably could before posting (b) and I would have noticed something as glaringly obvious as this. Hopefully.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Freeboy has since said this, (bold mine)
ok, checked two places.. an in game save.. they where not on board before activation, and the starter turn one.. they are there.. so maybe my accedental attack of poland on t2, I thought we where at war and my oponent and I decided it was a minor issue, no pun intended.. so we are working arround the issue..
fyi ussingthe newest taow 3 b release... we also had the polish units in east issue where they did not go away .. this has been reported by others .. no worries.. hope in the next game they stay on, but I will for sure not activea franco without his troops, how do you say Don Quixote?
over there.
Perhaps this is what it is...

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hmm...thing is, there's no Event chain linking the attack on Poland, too early or otherwise, with Spanish withdrawal/activation :cry: .

I don't suppose that Freeboy would like to send me the saved game turn and his password for when this happened, or indeed didn't? I'd really like to check which scenario he was playing.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'll let him know on the Matrix Forums that you, the scenario designer, would like to have those files and a password, if you tell me which email you'd like it sent to...

EDIT: As I write, I see that Stefan has already directed Freeboy here. :D

Mark Stevens

Reaction score
Country
ll
True indeed, and consequently I get more spam than a school canteen but, fingers crossed, no one's actually hacked in and drained my bank accounts yet. Probably just a matter of time.

Usually it's just the odd share tipster promising me untold riches if I buy shares in Dodgy Bastards Limited, or the occasional Nigerian bank official advising me that he's sitting on Idi Amin's unclaimed millions and - if I were to advise him of my U.K. account numbers and any passwords - he'd cheerfully split it with me.

If you stop hearing from me one day, I've either taken him up on the offer and am relaxing on my tropical island, far from the cares of buggy wargames scenarios or, more likely, I'm dead in a ditch somewhere outside Lagos. :skull:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you stop hearing from me one day, I've either taken him up on the offer and am relaxing on my tropical island, far from the cares of buggy wargames scenarios or, more likely, I'm dead in a ditch somewhere outside Lagos. :skull:
Well, hopefully neither of those days ever comes, after all, what would we do without you? :D