Space News - Exploration

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

When fiction becomes fact..........the Force is definitely with George Lucas and way ahead of Nasa - 1977 - Star Wars premiere and the screenplay written a year or two before.

In 1977 - this would be world shattering news but in 2021.......we just shrug and say...... That's interesting - What can I turn my goldfish bowl attention, instant gratification info access attention span to now. One .....two....three seconds.......scratch....scratch....

https://www.independent.co.uk/space/nasa-planet-new-tess-kepler-b1955297.html

Admittedly - the name tess has connotations for me....it could be a synchronous sign from the force...........that our paths are going to cross............ I only saw this by sheer chance in a small section of a paper.......I will call it the tess planet..............:)...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/15/elon-musk-surprised-if-were-not-landing-on-mars-within-five-years.html

What I really like about Musky......is that he is not a ........this cannot be done...........I am not sure about this..........not so much an optimist but a this will happen..........we will be doing this.........sort of guy.

I always get the feeling that he knows something that the rest of us do not know...................if there were more people like him at NASA - we would already have a Moon base and a man on mars a decade ago - let alone animals. The American grey squirrel should be first as they are prolific little beasties at taking over a habitat............:)..........if they weren't already there, that is. ???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59661827

Historic............NASA confirms that the sun is extremely hot..............especially close -up. The shock here is how big it actually is and there are trillions of them out there........and we probably have a midget one.

And in the great void of darkness...........there are points of heat and light scattered........self perpetuating..........and humanity has touched one. 👍.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
"Burnt my finger, man."

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/wire-news/nasa-launches-revolutionary-space-telescope-to-give-a-glimpse-of-early-universe-7867031.html#:~:text=The revolutionary $9 billion infrared,launch base in French Guiana.

It keeps on coming..........only 9.7 Billion Dollars.....that's peanut money for Elon Musk who is the first person in history to be worth more than $300 Billion dollars. :rolleyes:...that makes the majority of people feel as insignificant as the planet Earth in the Milky Way galaxy.

Why schedule the launch for Xmas day ?..............don't they have families and kids.........Why make people work ; all the way down to the cleaner on Christmas day ?

It's main purpose is to study the infant universe...........the film -.2001 - A Space Odyssey has an infant in it's closing scene.....one as big as the Milky Way...........Suck ...... Suck.........Waaaah !...........

" Hal ! Haaaaal !..............I can see ................"...!

Christmas Day launch which celebrates the birth of a specific infant.........Co-incidence or something else..............The Universe is a strange place..............and symbolic language is one of it's mysteries................these scientists live in their own universe. :)...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

For clarity's sake.........I think it would be a good idea to visualize Elon Musk's wealth compared to yours..................I am exclusively talking of yours. The above picture shows his wealth............in terms of grains of sand,

and this is yours......................the highlighted red piece..........:)...

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
View attachment 19975

For clarity's sake.........I think it would be a good idea to visualize Elon Musk's wealth compared to yours..................I am exclusively talking of yours. The above picture shows his wealth............in terms of grains of sand,

View attachment 19976

and this is yours......................the highlighted red piece..........:)...
Musk has Parkinson’s so he might trade everything for one red one.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Here is a video of his recent leap in wealth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's news to me, Bendizoid - just goes to show; you can be blessed in one way and cursed in another........I guess he has that extra driving force in his life to compel him.

Great Video RandyT0001 - He makes 18.3 million dollars an hour....so , basically he gets into the office; works for one hour; scratches his butt and then can retire for the rest of his life, going on an average person's expectations in life.

I am happy with my 2 grains of rice/sand and good health...........Elon Lannes sounds odd anyhow ....:). He looks happy................I remember a quote from the actress/singer - Barbara Streisand in some Interview where she said that she missed the days when she was a struggling actress and could just about afford her rent and had to borrow money to pay the phone bill- life was more intense then.
You can take that with a pinch of salt or grain of rice/sand. Nobody misses that - the only people who miss that are those who are currently filthy rich ( Net worth circa $400 Million )..................:rolleyes:...which in Musk terms is one day of hard work..............and then she can retire.....!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

My prediction for the year 2022 is that NASA will announce that the Perseverance rover has found a fossilised fish on Mars or a seashell.

Currently ; the rover is in hibernation mode......such a discovery will really open a can of fish....a smoking (herring )..............proof positive of the non uniqueness of life in the universe.

Do they seriously expect us to believe that Mars once had lakes , rivers and oceans with nothing in them...................completely sterile; and where there are fish - there are big fish that eat them and bigger sea creatures that eat them until finally you get land walkers...............Martians .

" The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one they said - the chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but still they come............ " - ( War of the Worlds )...

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Single cell life was the only life form on Earth for 2 billion years. The first multicellular life appeared about 1.5 billion years ago. Estimates are that Mars lost its oceans within the first two billion years of formation, so the chances of vertebrae lifeforms evolving within that period is small. Maybe, maybe creatures like jellyfish, without bones.

But it would spur man mission to the Red Planet if it did find a boney fish fossil.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Exactly - the spur is needed for public backing and approval...the money is there if Musk is involved ; tech and expertise is ready......so , we wait patiently for whatever spur is provided.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Headline World Wide News ....NO ! ....but it might just become that....fingers crossed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-60150542

" What do you make of it ,............. Spock ? ".........

" Faaaaaascinating ! "..............." A communication device of high magnitude and energy....! "..

" Imagine it , Spock ! ". ............ "A new civilization; ..............we can share soooooo much of our culture.........we can give them Mozart and full episodes of the Waltons................ They will believe that we all sleep in one big bed and are either called John - Boy or Jim - Bob ".

" Affirmative,,... Jim..................................Bob ! "......

Play the Five Tones......Dammit !..............:)...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10559629/New-Yorker-wins-second-10-million-prize-three-years.html

:mad:........................................................................................................:mad:

This is now known as being ....................( Musky ).........I cannot win didley squat on scratchcards.

How the hell can the same person win a lifetime fortune........... twice................talk about the universe loving you...........even Elon is shaking his head in disbelief.

I think the Universe has a wicked sense of humor; until we find out it's secrets via further exploration..................

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10559629/New-Yorker-wins-second-10-million-prize-three-years.html

:mad:........................................................................................................:mad:

This is now known as being ....................( Musky ).........I cannot win didley squat on scratchcards.

How the hell can the same person win a lifetime fortune........... twice................talk about the universe loving you...........even Elon is shaking his head in disbelief.

I think the Universe has a wicked sense of humor; until we find out it's secrets via further exploration..................
In a infinite universe even ............. is possible. 😉

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
https://earthsky.org/space/asteroid-ryugu-organic-compounds-amino-acids-hayabusa-2/

" You don't say ! " ...................and with comets jam packed with bacteria and micro organisms......would it be a big stretch of logic or imagination to say that the entire freakin galaxy and known universe is teeming with earth like planets and full of primitive life...................................Mars in the past.........????????...........

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
https://earthsky.org/space/asteroid-ryugu-organic-compounds-amino-acids-hayabusa-2/

View attachment 21015

" You don't say ! " ...................and with comets jam packed with bacteria and micro organisms......would it be a big stretch of logic or imagination to say that the entire freakin galaxy and known universe is teeming with earth like planets and full of primitive life...................................Mars in the past.........????????...........
Mars. What a story that planet may have. I was quite into Mars for a while.

I can reccomend " The Mars Mystery " by Graham Hancock. While perhaps too speculative in parts I found it very interesting.

I tend to enjoy Hancock's writing. I've read " Fingerprints of the Gods " several times. Which led to some other good books when I followed up on some of his references. I ended up buying the library copy as I had checked it out so often that they were going to scrap it. Couldn't let that happen to something that had given me so much enjoyment.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have read all of Hancock's books except one....bought Magicians of the God's last Christmas - saving that for a rainy weekend.

Fingerprints of the Gods was a game changer...........I am sure that somewhere down the line ; there will be a statue erected of him...............for simply pointing out the obvious and logical and being berated for it. He had to go down the Galileo route......................Entertaining and thought provoking stuff......... Hats off to him....or should that be Ancient Sumerian statues of men with man-purses which strangely enough have been found at a 11,000 year old site of Gobekli Tepe in Turkey......................man purses seem to have been very popular for 6000 years ????????????...😄...

My journey into the so called alternative Archaeology field started with - Lost Cities and Mysteries of Ancient South America - David Hatcher Childress......read that a dozen times as a kid- that one really opened up the imagination......also devoured Robert Bauval ; Robert Temple ; Andrew Collins; Sitchin; Hapgood...........et al.

Once you get into it - you never get out..................magical stuff.......:)👍.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I have read all of Hancock's books except one....bought Magicians of the God's last Christmas - saving that for a rainy weekend.

Fingerprints of the Gods was a game changer...........I am sure that somewhere down the line ; there will be a statue erected of him...............for simply pointing out the obvious and logical and being berated for it. He had to go down the Galileo route......................Entertaining and thought provoking stuff......... Hats off to him....or should that be Ancient Sumerian statues of men with man-purses which strangely enough have been found at a 11,000 year old site of Gobekli Tepe in Turkey......................man purses seem to have been very popular for 6000 years ????????????...😄...

My journey into the so called alternative Archaeology field started with - Lost Cities and Mysteries of Ancient South America - David Hatcher Childress......read that a dozen times as a kid- that one really opened up the imagination......also devoured Robert Bauval ; Robert Temple ; Andrew Collins; Sitchin; Hapgood...........et al.

Once you get into it - you never get out..................magical stuff.......:)👍.
And the choir says Amen to that. Took a hiatus from it during the SL/ASL days but when I read Fingerprints that hiatus came to an abrupt end. Absolutely love it.

Fish would chide me about not going anywhere because I had bought tickets for a lecture by John Anthony West in Cleveland and didn't go because there were a few snowflakes in the air. It was springtime. 🙄

After that he started saying if the Beatles, including John and George were playing next to my house I wouldn't go to see them. Whatever. I could just stick my head out of the window. 😉