SP96 - Husum Hotfoot (Brit Angle)

Mark Warren

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hello to anyone who feels it necessary to read what on earth the Brits are up to in the AAR of the same name started by Chris Milne!

I will state straight away that anyone taking any notice of my strategy is likely to be soundly beaten! My current ASL experience spreads to 11 games (6 ftf and 5 pbem using VASL). Still I take great pleasure from the punishment, the learning curve being steep but highly enjoyable.

I don't yet own the British OOB as I am still awaiting FkAC but Chris kindly provided me with the details of my armour. An interesting mixture, particularly the wasps which I decided not to mess around with and send straight into the fray, all be it, not quite into the centre of the German force. I wasn't quite sure what to do with my Comet's at first and decided to move them in range of a possible PSK to see if I could draw out their locations without risking myself too much. This hasn't appeared to work so their next tasks will be to help provide smoke screens for the infantry and then perhaps move behind the german lines to make routing a tricky business for the axis forces. All my vehicles stayed in-Motion due to my paranoia over the PSK's out there but I should have calculated the to-hit chance with the Comets better as they have been at a bit of a loose end for this first turn. The ability of the average German soldier to produce a Panzerfaust out of nowhere also has my armour crews sweating.

I hope my novice actions provide anyone following the game with some amusement and I'll be back to update this thread as the game continues.