SP276 Triumphant Return

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
VC read as follows:

The Japanese win at game end if they have earned> 16 VP. Japanese earn 1 VP(each) for control of hexes P5, Q6, and the bridge in V5 at the end of EACH game turn, and 1/2 VP (FRU) for all units exited off the east/west edge(s).

It is the last portion I have put in bold I'm struggling with. I read this as every Japanese unit exited is worth a 1/2 VP. So 9-0 Leader = 1/2 VP; 4-4-7 Squad = 1/2 VP; and Half Squad = 1/2 VP. But if so, what fraction is being rounded up? What is a fraction of a unit? I'm missing something here.

Kurious Kev

Last edited:

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do not have the card so cannot see if there are tanks which might be worth 5 normally...but 2.5 by this rule and FRU to 3 VP.

I also think that maybe it is conventional VP value divided by 2...then FRU...making your list worth 1, 1, and 1.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do not have the card so cannot see if there are tanks which might be worth 5 normally...but 2.5 by this rule and FRU to 3 VP.

I also think that maybe it is conventional VP value divided by 2...then FRU...making your list worth 1, 1, and 1.
That is how I would take it also. Normal Exit VP divided by half & FRU.

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Nope no tanks for the Japanese. It did not occur to me that it might mean 1/2 normal exit VP based upon Casualty Victory Points. That makes a lot sense. So a 9-0 leader exited would be worth 1/2 a VP FRU to 1 VP. A 4-4-7 exited would be worth 1 VP, and no fractions to round up.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BUT CVP is just an assumption on my part...I could be wrong....likely am in this case.
Can you get a feel if 1/2 or 1 makes more sense by what you must achieve or what the defender must prevent. The 100% increase from 1/2 to 1 might present itself as 'scenario breaking' and then you would know that 1/2 is more likely the answer...

Sorry I could not be of more help. You could PM Brian Williams he sometimes helps out with SP Q/A.

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BUT CVP is just an assumption on my part...I could be wrong....likely am in this case.
Can you get a feel if 1/2 or 1 makes more sense by what you must achieve or what the defender must prevent. The 100% increase from 1/2 to 1 might present itself as 'scenario breaking' and then you would know that 1/2 is more likely the answer...

Sorry I could not be of more help. You could PM Brian Williams he sometimes helps out with SP Q/A.
Having read the Designer's Notes today, I think you have it. The designer states that in the 5 turn game holding all three VP each turn nets 15 VP's, so exiting one squad will mean victory for the Japanese. So one squad has to equal 1 VP for purposes of this game.

Thanks for your help. For whatever reason I couldn't read those Victory Conditions and shift from scenario specific location VP's to the normal casualty VP's in the same sentence.

Last edited: