Sox and Yanks

Mark Nixon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sox and Yanks. Always a good show. It's a safe bet when you are on the road (as I am a lot) and my own team is not on the screen, Sox and Yanks is always a good pick.

But I'd give a lot to somehow change time and see the '95 Indians vs the Big Red Machine. WOOF!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Sox and Yanks. Always a good show. It's a safe bet when you are on the road (as I am a lot) and my own team is not on the screen, Sox and Yanks is always a good pick.

But I'd give a lot to somehow change time and see the '95 Indians vs the Big Red Machine. WOOF!
Oh great! Another one that thinks those overrated Indians teams are worth watching. Go find Hildebran and soak your heads. :p

Mark Nixon

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh great! Another one that thinks those overrated Indians teams are worth watching. Go find Hildebran and soak your heads. :p
Okay Poptart! I grew up with the Reds - Frank Robinson, Vada Pinson, Pete, Bench, Perez, Morgan - the whole gang. Then I move to Cleveland and see the '95 Tribe. OMG! These guys would just hit HRs until they won the game. Didn't matter how far behind they were or what the inning was. BAM-BAM-BAM! At the time many compared them to the BRM, but what I saw was an even better hitting machine. Needed some pitching, (sound like the BRM?) but man could they win ballgames with their bats!

And let me warn you if you are still a rookie - DO NOT go after Bret in a MLB showdown.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Okay Poptart! I grew up with the Reds - Frank Robinson, Vada Pinson, Pete, Bench, Perez, Morgan - the whole gang. Then I move to Cleveland and see the '95 Tribe. OMG! These guys would just hit HRs until they won the game. Didn't matter how far behind they were or what the inning was. BAM-BAM-BAM! At the time many compared them to the BRM, but what I saw was an even better hitting machine. Needed some pitching, (sound like the BRM?) but man could they win ballgames with their bats!

And let me warn you if you are still a rookie - DO NOT go after Bret in a MLB showdown.
Well the hitting explosion can be explained by:

Pitchers can't and won't pitch inside and guys crowd the plate
Strike zone has gotten smaller since then
Parks have gotten smaller
Players are bigger and stay in better shape year round
Video tape of every AB

What does BH know about baseball? :p

DaveT

Reaction score
Country
ll
Worst thing is the problems the England selectors have trying to put together a credible strike force. Its not as though we're lacking talent. Hoggard, Harmison and Simon Jones (he's Welsh you know?) are all ready to go, but the shared braincell of the ECB seems unable to make a decision we can appreciate.

Bring back the heroes of the Ashes from 2005 I say. Can't do any worse than we did at at Headinlgly.
A recall for Harmison but 6 and a half bowlers in the squad. I'm also looking forward to Jones eventually returning to the fold. I hope the talk in the papers of resting Broad is unfounded.

Dave

bryanspellman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hitting Explosion caused by EXPANSION. Less pitching depth all around!!

Also Batting Armor...come on people take off the elbow gear and grow a set! That let's them crowd the plate so the pitchers CAN'T pitch inside.

Oh and the ump tossing a pitcher because of a close ball. Let them play the game!!!!

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hitting Explosion caused by EXPANSION. Less pitching depth all around!!

Also Batting Armor...come on people take off the elbow gear and grow a set! That let's them crowd the plate so the pitchers CAN'T pitch inside.

Oh and the ump tossing a pitcher because of a close ball. Let them play the game!!!!
Yeah I forgot the diluted pitching.

Most pitchers won't pitch inside because they might hit a guy (and the guy's wearing armor).

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay Poptart! I grew up with the Reds
1. 3B Rose
2. 2B Morgan
3. RF Griffey
4. 1B Perez
5. C Bench
6. LF Foster