Sox and Yanks

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
boo-hoo-hoo, "I hate the Red Sox", :cry: "They have too much money" boo-hoo-hoo "Their fans are so obnoxious" :cry:

LOSER TALK! YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF LOSERS!

Nobody outside of NY hated the Red Sox before 2004, so I say, GO AHEAD AND BRING ON THAT LOSER TALK!

We...LOVE IT!

GO RED SOX!!!

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And big ups to Youk tonight for keeping his cool tonight and not shoving his bat up Justin's ass after he nearly decapitated him with a fastball at his head. Granted, Justin would of been a fool to be throwing at him in a 1-0 game, but admit it, something don't quite look right with that boy.

btw, which borough does Marty Foster hail from?

Just curious.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
boo-hoo-hoo, "I hate the Red Sox", :cry: "They have too much money" boo-hoo-hoo "Their fans are so obnoxious" :cry:

LOSER TALK! YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF LOSERS!

Nobody outside of NY hated the Red Sox before 2004, so I say, GO AHEAD AND BRING ON THAT LOSER TALK!

We...LOVE IT!

GO RED SOX!!!
Right here! I've hated them since well before 2004. :ciao:

I don't care that you have all that money. That's baseball. Until they come up with a salary cap and bust up the big market teams, that's the way it is.

The fans? You were ok until you won one WS in 100 years and then you became as obnoxious as Yankee fans (the second didn't help things).

Sapper Daddy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Get over it the Sox are now the team to chase. The Yankees are just getting older before your eyes and the Rays they are just as lucky to see the WS as the Cubs.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always go for the Sux rather than having to fallback on a Yank.

Oh wait...you said Sox...:D

Last edited:

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Sox' main weakness being the laissez-faire attitude of the manager and certain of the roster. They appear to think they can chug along on autopilot and then kick things into high gear around playoff time: the oft-fatal flaw of those talented, but deeplpy flawed Sox teams of the past...

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Sox' main weakness being the laissez-faire attitude of the manager and certain of the roster. They appear to think they can chug along on autopilot and then kick things into high gear around playoff time: the oft-fatal flaw of those talented, but deeplpy flawed Sox teams of the past...
Exactly! :clap: They act like they deserve to be in the WS and can't be bothered with the regular season. :angry:

I like Francona but lately he has been leaving the pitchers in too long, way too long.

It all starts with that dbag Manny. If he couldn't hit I can't imagine him being in the league anymore. Laughing when he high fived the guy and doubled off the runner is one thing. Laughing when he turned that single into a triple by falling over himself and sitting on the ball is inexcusable (and the rest of his team didn't find it funny either).

As much as I don't like Pedroia, he hustles and is almost impossible to get out. :(

I like Lowell. Youk is ok if a bit intense at times. I'd rather have either of them than that dufus ARod any day. Varitek is ok. Ellsbury is ok. Wakefield is ok (anybody that throws about 50 mph and still get people out is impressive).

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cliff Lee 14-2 baby. :hurray:

Will Grady Sizemore get 50 HRs and 50 steals? 40/40?

Something to cheer about until football starts.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like Francona but lately he has been leaving the pitchers in too long, way too long.
I don't care for Francoma; odd that now he's leaving pitchers in too long, when he used to use his entire staff with a 6 run lead and two outs in the 9th inning...and they called Sparky "Cap'n Hook"...

It all starts with that dbag Manny. If he couldn't hit I can't imagine him being in the league anymore. Laughing when he high fived the guy and doubled off the runner is one thing. Laughing when he turned that single into a triple by falling over himself and sitting on the ball is inexcusable (and the rest of his team didn't find it funny either).
Manny appears to have little respect for the game; a curse of the wickedly gifted, I s'pose...

As much as I don't like Pedroia, he hustles and is almost impossible to get out.
You mean "AL Rookie of the Year" Dustin Pedroia? The kids the antithesis of Manny; how can you not love him? A throw back I say!

Lowell? meh...getting old, hopefully productive. So long as his glove stays sharp.

Youk? Another throwback. Love him and how he plays, though I wish he'd hit a ball off Joba's Neanderthal forehead.

Ellsbury, you watch, is going to be something special. Speed, defense and 'sneaky' power. He'll be the Sox Mickey Rivers without the 'tude.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't care for Francoma; odd that now he's leaving pitchers in too long, when he used to use his entire staff with a 6 run lead and two outs in the 9th inning...and they called Sparky "Cap'n Hook"...
Seems like he's leaving them in well past the point sometimes. Is the bullpen to taxed?

Manny appears to have little respect for the game
That's why I can't stand him. It seems all he is interested in is his batting stats. He's seems clueless about anything that goes on in the game besides that.

You mean "AL Rookie of the Year" Dustin Pedroia? The kids the antithesis of Manny; how can you not love him? A throw back I say!
Easy, he's a Red Sox. :p

Lowell? meh...getting old, hopefully productive. So long as his glove stays sharp.
Lowell is still productive.

Youk? Another throwback. Love him and how he plays, though I wish he'd hit a ball off Joba's Neanderthal forehead.
Again, see Pedroia. :p :p

Ellsbury, you watch, is going to be something special. Speed, defense and 'sneaky' power. He'll be the Sox Mickey Rivers without the 'tude.
Looked like it last year. People have found a hole in his swing. He better adjust or it's bye bye. :ciao:

bryanspellman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been A Yankee fan since my first game at the Stadium in 78. Always hated the Red Sox. Rivalries are good for sports if you are smart about it.

Can't stand the Red Sox yet one must respect a ballclub when they play good baseball no matter what. That being said, Sox Fan, you win 2 WS in 100 years, please be happy but know your place. Red Sox Nation is an ESPN creation to artificially create a fan base. I have been seeing Yankee hats all over the world for years.

You want to go toe to toe, let's count All-Stars, Hall of Famers and Rings, then we will see the true Champs.

PS We are 3 back from 1st and 2 behind you, by the end of the weekend you'll be eating our dust....

PPS Thanks Joba for reigniting the rivalry! If I see one more player chat and smile with the guy on base I will scream! Please people knock them down, knock them back and bowl over the catcher. Hang out in the off season but not on the field. You never saw JoeD smile at Teddy Baseball during the game and Yogi never smacked Jackie on the ass after he stole home...and don't get me started on football...

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right here! I've hated them since well before 2004. :ciao:

I don't care that you have all that money. That's baseball. Until they come up with a salary cap and bust up the big market teams, that's the way it is.

The fans? You were ok until you won one WS in 100 years and then you became as obnoxious as Yankee fans (the second didn't help things).
Before 2004? Come on, you gotta explain that. Or is it irrational hatred!?

Salary caps...hate 'em. I know it helps competitive balance, but parity can be boring. There is something more...i don't know..."romantic"...about having the perrienial powerhouses and the little teams that could, like Tampa Bay (Tampon Bayon the local radio) challenge for the title.

One WS in 100 years!? Never happened! We were a WWI era dynasty! :D

I agree that three super bowls and 2 WS titles in the last seven years has made Boston fans a bit, shall we say, "confident", but it is a lot better feeling having you hating us than slapping us on the back and saying "Nice try, better luck next year."

Sapper Daddy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Can't stand the Red Sox yet one must respect a ballclub when they play good baseball no matter what. That being said, Sox Fan, you win 2 WS in 100 years, please be happy but know your place. Red Sox Nation is an ESPN creation to artificially create a fan base. I have been seeing Yankee hats all over the world for years.

You want to go toe to toe, let's count All-Stars, Hall of Famers and Rings, then we will see the true Champs.

PS We are 3 back from 1st and 2 behind you, by the end of the weekend you'll be eating our dust...."

Just another frustrated Yankees fan feeling like they have a god given right to be in the WS and it's been taken away. This Yankees management is going to give the fans feelings of despair. Nothing like seeing the Yankees fans expressions in 04 to make my day......still get a laugh out of seeing them.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Been A Yankee fan since my first game at the Stadium in 78. Always hated the Red Sox. Rivalries are good for sports if you are smart about it.

Can't stand the Red Sox yet one must respect a ballclub when they play good baseball no matter what. That being said, Sox Fan, you win 2 WS in 100 years, please be happy but know your place. Red Sox Nation is an ESPN creation to artificially create a fan base. I have been seeing Yankee hats all over the world for years.

PS We are 3 back from 1st and 2 behind you, by the end of the weekend you'll be eating our dust....

PPS Thanks Joba for reigniting the rivalry! If I see one more player chat and smile with the guy on base I will scream! Please people knock them down, knock them back and bowl over the catcher. Hang out in the off season but not on the field. You never saw JoeD smile at Teddy Baseball during the game and Yogi never smacked Jackie on the ass after he stole home...and don't get me started on football...
Don't count All Stars. That is a popularity contest. As much as I like Jeter, he didn't deserve to start. You could make a good case for ARod despite his missed time. Pedroia is a toss up with Kinsler at 2B. Youk probably deserved 1B. Manny should have been a reserve but didn't deserve to start. Ortiz? You gotta be kidding. He missed most of the first half of the season. If you voted for him they should throw your ballot out.

PZchala

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Can't stand the Red Sox yet one must respect a ballclub when they play good baseball no matter what. That being said, Sox Fan, you win 2 WS in 100 years, please be happy but know your place. Red Sox Nation is an ESPN creation to artificially create a fan base. I have been seeing Yankee hats all over the world for years

For the record, it is 6 in the last 100 years, 7 overall, which I believe is 3rd most in MLB history behind NY and STL.

Red Sox nation has NOTHING to do with ESPN. It was a term coined by Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe sometime during the 80's, that Sox ownership turned into an easy money marketing scheme. :crosseye: That is bad enough, but Yankee Universe? :nuts: Now, that's pathetic!