Soviet WWII ATR Tactics

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting video:

Partial translation of the manual: Anti-Tank Rifle Manual
And another, more complete (though this page is no longer well-linked): battlefield.ru
A well-head to many other links.

[(I thought) I'd previously downloaded a full translation of the manual in field-manual format -- complete w/detailed schematic diagrams instructing re the weak spots to hit re the major German AFVs.

Now I cannot find it, in English or Russian.

If someone has it, please let me know in comments below where I might go to see it again (in English especially).

TIA.]

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Forgotten Weapons has a few videos on ATR too. One of the enjoyable aspects of playing early war scenarios: plinking away with ATR's at barely armoured vehicles.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting video:

Partial translation of the manual: Anti-Tank Rifle Manual
And another, more complete (though this page is no longer well-linked): battlefield.ru
A well-head to many other links.

[(I thought) I'd previously downloaded a full translation of the manual in field-manual format -- complete w/detailed schematic diagrams instructing re the weak spots to hit re the major German AFVs.

Now I cannot find it, in English or Russian.

If someone has it, please let me know in comments below where I might go to see it again (in English especially).

TIA.]
Still looking Wayne. I know the US Army reproduced many tech manuals from the German army shortly after the war along with the battle tactics studies (I believe that's where I saw it also a loooooong time ago). I have several of those TMs/FMs, but it may take a while to hunt through them. There was also a civie book that had a compilation of several of them in it as well, I believe it was called "Hell on the Eastern Front" or something like that.