Soviet units Reconstituting Behind Axis Lines

How annoyed are you with the fact that Soviet units reconstitute behind Axis lines?

• It doesn't bother me, I feel it introduces a legitimate (or semi-legit) simulation of Soviet guerril

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It's a bit annoying, but other annoyances need to take priority.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 3. It is the bane of my existence, please find a way to prevent this.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Please rate, on a scale of 1 to 3, your level of annoyance with Soviet troops reconstituting behind Axis lines.

Ferretz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I must admit, i do not understand how the Soviet units are supposed to reconstitute in EA

To me, it seems that some "normal" units just wait until certain locations are retaken before appearing on the map - this in itself is fine.

However, this then works badly in-conjunction with the partisans, as they claim hexes way behind the lines; this is allowing non-partisan units to appear which are generally out of supply and easy to kill . It seems that many, many allied replacements (mainly inf squads) are wasted it this way ???

Cheers
Anthony

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, well, several Soviet formations are set to reconstitute at Leningrad of Kiev. The idea being that once these cities are taken, the Soviets are penalized by not getting these units anymore. because a unit in TOAW can reconstitute within 2 hexes of their reconstitution, a Guerrilla unit can claim a hex, allowing a flood of Soviet reinforcements behind Axis lines. Now, some think this is fine, others find it a detriment to the Allies (aforementioned loss of Rifle squads), a detriment to the Axis (Oh ****, a bunch of Soviets are now behind me!) or both. Others find it adds a variable to the Guerrilla warfare that the Soviets employed that is good and wouldn't be there with just the regularly deployed Guerrilla units.
if I'm going to fix/change this, I'll move the reconstitution hexes east and instead cause the Soviets to lose stuff by other means, such as empty Soviet units deployed in the USA that cannot move and will soak up Soviet reinforcements...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I vote for it to be fixed. It's annoying, AND partisan warfare is represented by PARTISANS already.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
It is an anomaly, and produces some odd results, especially around Kiev but, if we change it, there still needs to be a mechanism to reflect Soviet losses to their manpower pool, industry and minerals as the Axis conquers great swathes of the USSR. Otherwise there is no negative effect on the Red Army if it gives away the whole of the western USSR, apart from the obvious one of the Axis being nearer Moscow and Stalingrad.