Soviet Units popping up AFTER USSR surrender!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Soviet Units popping up AFTER USSR surrender! Soviet Units popping up AFTER USSR surrender! What to do??? Supposedly the USSR is out of the game but units continue to pop up all over the map of Russia. If a Partisan appears, hex control goes to the Allied player, and soon enough - there are Russian units appearing.

In some games we've agreed to disband - what else can one do???

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
Personally, treat them as guerillas or remnants of the Soviet forces. It's inconceivable that the entire Red Army of several millions would have tamely disbanded. The German plan for the immediate post-war period envisaged strong mobile forces remaining in the key cities to deal with any unrest that the soldier-colonists in the countryside couldn't handle.

Could the Germans have held down the western USSR?

And there would have been enough old equipment left over to fight several wars.

Although it isn't intentional, and is the result of a problem with the game engine, I see this as more realistic than the Axis taking Moscow and Stalingrad and the entire Soviet Army disbanding.

But I would say that.

Bdr.Mallette

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Damn....

mopping up will continue indefinitely then.

You know I need those troops don't you Kill????
lol

bdr :devious:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK then, but there are SO many Russian units reconstituting! The Axis player is going to have to keep a lot of mobile units in country to occupy then...