Sounds for VASL

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Baseball restarted today, I didn't watch any games, but I understand they added some crowd noise to make the TV viewers feel more like it was a real game. Do you think VASL could be improved with some sounds? Rat a tat tats, shell explosions, ect.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You mean on top of the "SONN OF A B_TCH... feel free to NOT pass a morale check in THIS lifetime!!! PLEASE? JUST ONCE???? NOT ASKING TOO MUCH AM I? SOONNN OF A B_TCH, I can't do ANYTHING with these M'F'kRs .. F*CK ..!!!!" that I am getting right now or do you want to replace that with calming sounds of gunfire, explosions and stuff?

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well there are sounds in vasl already if you know where to look. I did an extension for a CVP counter. I hid some sounds in the extension. If you select the counter and then press ALT SHIFT F10 or ALT SHIFT F11 you will get some sounds. Gimmicky but fun. If you do not have the extension you can download it from my Mediafire page at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7kzb699hvtsvk

The extension is called OBA CVP Aids

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You've reminded me that I'd long been meaning to add to VASSAL a preference for turning all sounds off. Thanks!

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You mean on top of the "SONN OF A B_TCH... feel free to NOT pass a morale check in THIS lifetime!!! PLEASE? JUST ONCE???? NOT ASKING TOO MUCH AM I? SOONNN OF A B_TCH, I can't do ANYTHING with these M'F'kRs .. F*CK ..!!!!" that I am getting right now or do you want to replace that with calming sounds of gunfire, explosions and stuff?
Have you been listening to my VASL games?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I'm not a VASL person but if there were sounds, I'd immediately go back to my polite and silent cardboard. "Rat-tat-tat" gets very old after only it's third hearing.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Not really a problem. Most computers will let you turn sound off, sometimes even on an application basis.