Sonobuoy Question?

Pax25

Recruit
Reaction score
I'm currently playing "Hide and Seek" with the PlayersDB and Haproon Ultimate Edition (latest update).

Question, when my helicopters drop active sonobuoys, I see a dark purple circle indicating their passive sonar range. However, when I activate the sonobuoy, the circle does not turn light purple (i.e.-active), instead the circle disappears. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? It appears that the sonobuoy is still providing me info, but I can't be sure.

Thanks.

Herman Hum

Composite Warfare Command
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It's a known bug and previously reported at:

Active sonobuoys have no range ring

Active sonobuoys have no range ring
The sonobuoys should still be functional and return data even though you cannot see their range ring. Just remember to manually turn them active since they are always dropped in passive mode (whether or not they have that capability -- it's another bug.)

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Always happy to help where I can.

We have an MP match scheduled for Sunday Dec 8 2000h CET in case you are interested in joining us. :)

Pax25

Recruit
Reaction score
Possibly. I removed version v.3.9.4 from my computer though. What's the deal with the latest edition of HUE, I think I recall you saying once that MP does not work for that game? Is this still the case? What's the problem, does it just crash a lot?

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You would need to re-install the ANW v3.9.4 in order to play MP.

HUE simply does not allow for MP; every time we try to set up a server and log in to play, it crashes or does other really weird things. This problem was never resolved and remains open to this day. With AGSI's abandonment of the game, it is unlikely to be resolved for the HUE version.

Pax25

Recruit
Reaction score
Okay. That was the only reason I kept v.3.9.4. I suppose I would have to download the PlayersDB again too?

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, a proper installation of the PlayersDB would help. That way, when you hit the Database button, you get the correct text description (and images, if you decide to install them.) If you do not install the PlayersDB for ANW, you should still be able to play. You just get incorrect platform descriptions.

Herman Hum

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No worries. We had a nice battle, but could not finish it. We saved it for completion another time, likely next week. Just drop a line if you want a match.