Something that's being worked on.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi All,

Been busy etc but thought I would show you a little something that is being worked on at the moment (and has been for a few years now).

VASLMap.png
A small hint as to the location, the built up area in the middle to the left of the north south road is the Oktabriski State farm, and the trench lines to the North east are sat on top of Hill 252.2, Oh and if you go south off the map roughly 20 hexes you come to the Komsomolets state farm.

enjoy

Perry

P.S and yes, this bugger is copyrighted.

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Nice! CG I assume, how many dates and any fun OOB?

Hi All,
A small hint as to the location, the built up area in the middle to the left of the north south road is the Oktabriski State farm, and the trench lines to the North east are sat on top of Hill 252.2, Oh and if you go south off the map roughly 20 hexes you come to the Komsomolets state farm.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Nah, it's another Kursk. Liebstandarte/Totenkoph's push on or about 10 July I recon. Is that the 69th Army opposing with the 2nd Guards TA? Destroying the Myth perhaps? -- jim

shirlfactor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

Been busy etc but thought I would show you a little something that is being worked on at the moment (and has been for a few years now).

View attachment 2950

enjoy

Perry

P.S and yes, this bugger is copyrighted.
What software did you use to map the maps?

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nah, it's another Kursk. Liebstandarte/Totenkoph's push on or about 10 July I recon. Is that the 69th Army opposing with the 2nd Guards TA? Destroying the Myth perhaps? -- jim
Main sector of SSLAH and left flank of DR advance, 9th Guards Airborne sector. First CG date starts afternoon of 10th July, end CG date not yet known.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Main sector of SSLAH and left flank of DR advance, 9th Guards Airborne sector. First CG date starts afternoon of 10th July, end CG date not yet known.
I *think* the 9th Guards Airborne was subordinated to the 69th. It has been a while since I read the Myth book. As I recall, the 9th is pretty much decimated, although they slowed the advance and held so bitterly, they basically sealed the German fate on this Prokhorovka axis. -- jim

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I *think* the 9th Guards Airborne was subordinated to the 69th. It has been a while since I read the Myth book. As I recall, the 9th is pretty much decimated, although they slowed the advance and held so bitterly, they basically sealed the German fate on this Prokhorovka axis. -- jim
First units we will see are the remnants of 11 Motorized Rifle Brigade, 99th Tank Brigade, 26th Tank Brigade, 169 Tank Brigade along with units from 183rd Rifle Division (mainly 1st and 2nd battalions of the 285 rifle regiment) along with various anti tank regiments and battalions on the 10th and then 9th airborne (which was fairly strong still late on the 10th) hold the initial push from SSLAH & SSDR. am still working on all the rest as real life/work/other projects are getting in the way as it were.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
What map did you use for the source to base your map?

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What map did you use for the source to base your map?
Topographical map I found on the internet a 1:25000 IIRC and also various other sources to corroborate the placement of woods/villages etc

mainly this one

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=map+of+the+prokhorovka+area+russia&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj7-OzCyMXWAhVHDcAKHcn5BcAQ_AUICygC&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=9DXmqdRqURKW5M:

good enough for me to place contours where they should be etc, but in ASL scale etc. Map still has lots to do (I have to many orchards to represent stands of tress and they cut down LOS something rotten).

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks like your going to need a ping pong table to use that map. Nice map but it might be to large to be playable due to the amount of space it might take up.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like your going to need a ping pong table to use that map. Nice map but it might be to large to be playable due to the amount of space it might take up.
There is another map same size that goes on to the south edge, this will expand the CG to cover from morning 9th July up to and including 14th July (when the decision was taken to start to pull back the German units.
so make that two ping pong tables.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
First units we will see are the remnants of 11 Motorized Rifle Brigade, 99th Tank Brigade, 26th Tank Brigade, 169 Tank Brigade along with units from 183rd Rifle Division (mainly 1st and 2nd battalions of the 285 rifle regiment) along with various anti tank regiments and battalions on the 10th and then 9th airborne (which was fairly strong still late on the 10th) hold the initial push from SSLAH & SSDR. am still working on all the rest as real life/work/other projects are getting in the way as it were.
I *think* Grossdeutchland was in the area as well. Seems like you're hitting all the fan-boi units. :) -- jim

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I *think* Grossdeutchland was in the area as well. Seems like you're hitting all the fan-boi units. :) -- jim
Grossdeutschland weren't SS though right ?

Be interested in how they 'got along' with the SS guys if they effectively fought close by each other.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
GD was way off to the left around Verkoypnie, roughly 20 odd Km from the Prokhorovka area. they had been stuck in that area since day 2 of the attack in all fairness, and never had a chance to influence any of the fighting in II SS Pz Korps sector.