Something I hate in CoD 2.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Constant respawn of enemies!

This means you have to rush through the missions rather than take your time and kill off all the enemies.

God I hate it.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They probably did that because of the regenerating health system...if the enemies didn't keep respawning you could just take your time killing off enemies and recovering.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hahaha, yeah it was annoying. But it was the only way they could counteract the fact their enemies had basically no AI. I was altogether fairly disappointed by the game. Like the first one, it was an interesting cinematic type game experience but to me, not too much game.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
But it was the only way they could counteract the fact their enemies had basically no AI.
Heh, it was nominated for "Best AI" by Gamespot. What difficulty setting did you play it on?

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
gobeavs said:
Heh, it was nominated for "Best AI" by Gamespot. What difficulty setting did you play it on?
Normal I think.

The game didn't have AI. It had scripted actions.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
jaegertech said:
The AI was fair. The main problem was that it couldn't reliably take cover.
I stand by the fact that the AI was practically nonexistent. Because every single part of the game was so heavily scripted the AI only had to understand to move between a couple of waypoints at a time. Enemies never had to range far against you or had room for any interesting maneuvers.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
I stand by the fact that the AI was practically nonexistent. Because every single part of the game was so heavily scripted the AI only had to understand to move between a couple of waypoints at a time. Enemies never had to range far against you or had room for any interesting maneuvers.
i will agree with you on that. the very last mission in the game when defending the hill shows me that the AI is bad because i was the only one doing any killing, and i obviously had a very large bullseye painted on me, cause it seemed i was the only one being shot at!

but i did enjoy the game, once my bloodpressure went down.