Someone enjoying the Red Factories module!

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I prefer standing much more. Especially with these large maps. Valor of the Guards is the premier but there is always room for more of the Stalingrad to be covered.

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That looks like just after we finished setting up.
Participants were myself, Rene, JP and Reg for the Russians. James, Doug and Rob as the Germans. Brian was also supposed to be there but the snow stopped him.

I'm sure Doug will post a AAR sometime

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Very nice!👍👍

I built a table top out of a sheet of plywood to go over a 6ft folding table, maps are laminated and set up...but the whole thing is covered in partially built models, sprues, & boxes at the moment. :oops:
Also, I find a mechanics seat works well for such a long table: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61KI2Ur6AaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
It's padded, height adjustable, rolls, and when you're not using it will fit under the table out of the way.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I would like to have a team-Stalingrad game. One per map sounds good.

We just have to get the central portion and mamaev kurgan.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would like to have a team-Stalingrad game. One per map sounds good.

We just have to get the central portion and mamaev kurgan.
Based on the file data, I last worked on this over a year ago. I'd like to re-do the maps Perry Pender did for south of VotG, but I have too much other ASL stuff on the go these days.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Tell me if you need someone to help test. I normally don’t say this, but I’m halfway on the fence about becoming a Stalingrad only player who makes exceptions rather than an ASL player who sometimes does Stalingrad.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Tell me if you need someone to help test. I normally don’t say this, but I’m halfway on the fence about becoming a Stalingrad only player who makes exceptions rather than an ASL player who sometimes does Stalingrad.
Right now, the only part of my work that might be testable is the segment I call Red Shore.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Shores of hell sounds good

Maybe the next one Knee Deep in the Dead

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
So that would require a ... 33+ foot table to play?
So at least a basement unimpeded by interior walls.
Then you could even get into requiring an actual command structure, and having subordinates file support requests to higher command.
The hardest part would be getting everyone needed together at one time.
Just the setup would take close to a week.

Not trying to be a naysayer, just mentally trying to figure out the logistics of it.
It's WAY above anything I would try personally, but imagine attempting a solo CG of that. 🤯

Imagine the looks on the wives faces when trying to explain what you're attempting. 😳

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
My experience with SASL has actually had the effect that I am really more a fan of campaigns than individual scenarios.

I’m actually kind of interested in the old Critical Hit “Platoon Leader” concept. The idea was that it was to make a campaign out of basically anything, so in theory you could follow the Stalingrad campaign from the approach to the city, fighting in the city, and a perimeter defense or breakout. Until we someday have the whole city (perhaps) this would be a cool idea too.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That's definitely the wrong way round. Stalingrad's okay once in a while but gets very samey.