Some pertinent news from MMP

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick question: is Deluxe at the printers, or waiting for preorder numbers to be hit? The post quoted here (from FB I believe) said that it was at the printers. The updated 'News' section on MMP's site says its waiting for preorder to be hit.

Thanks

Chad
Me thinks it still need to make the pre-order number based on the news from MMP.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that the orignal CdG box art is among the better of those released by AH. ....
This general theme (on official art) would make a nice open page thread with a poll (likely it has been done, I am too lazy to search and find GS search crap anyways), but I like Gung Ho and Yanks the best, the montage from real pix of the time is cool to see melded as a whole...not that Parrish did not do that elsewhere...

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick question: is Deluxe at the printers, or waiting for preorder numbers to be hit? The post quoted here (from FB I believe) said that it was at the printers. The updated 'News' section on MMP's site says its waiting for preorder to be hit.

Thanks

Chad
I believe it is already at the printers. Reaching the P# is now a given as soon as Mark knuckles under and adds his!

Reckall

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Do all of these news about CdG mean that the Italian module - along with the desert rules - is still beyond the visible horizon?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Speaking as someone with no clue about MMP's backlog or thought process, I estimate a minimum of one year before the Italians are re-done; probably closer to two years.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Speaking as someone with no clue about MMP's backlog or thought process, I estimate a minimum of one year before the Italians are re-done; probably closer to two years.
Spot on. From Chas in the CdG topic:

" ...One big core module comes out every 2 years or so. $100-$150 spread over 2 years doesn't seem very extravagant, especially considering the sheer volume of play you get out of them."

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Will the Italians be considered a "big core module"? The original Hollow Legions module was rather small.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So far it's been said to include the full Italian OB, a second edition of chapter F, all the desert boards and overlays, as well as the Sons of the Negus content.

One would imagine it will also contain rebalanced versions of the original HL scenarios as well as a big chunk of rebalanced out of print Italian scenarios as has been tradition with the recent core module updates.

Sounds like it'll qualify as "big" to me.

Edited to reflect my mistake in calling the Sons of the Negus content a CG.

Last edited:

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Sounds like it'll qualify as "big" to me.
Yeah, sounds meaty enough. Maybe not quite as big as CdG2 because there is no need for a second OB like the Free French, but then the Desert thing might be significant.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The resurrection of DASL as a format is not new--think LFT and Dave Ramsey's DASL Pack,
When we flew out to George Kelln's tourney a couple years ago, my usual gaming partner got that DASL as a door prize, but I think we had already played one or two DASL before that anyway. It's an intriguing format, and since we usually photocopied the boards of regular ASL and boosted the hex size anyway, it has a natural appeal. The style of scenario as well, as I tend to like small ones, even infantry only.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
When we flew out to George Kelln's tourney a couple years ago, my usual gaming partner got that DASL as a door prize, but I think we had already played one or two DASL before that anyway. It's an intriguing format, and since we usually photocopied the boards of regular ASL and boosted the hex size anyway, it has a natural appeal. The style of scenario as well, as I tend to like small ones, even infantry only.

the best bit of DASL is HtH CC!

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
the best bit of dasl is that building depictions in the same hex are not necessarily the same height [J2.4].

JR
lol: but, that does not quite get my blood pressure up the same way digging through the CC counter tray looking for the HtH ones ;)