Some pertinent news from MMP

Reaction score
First name
Ricardo
Country
llSpain
I hope maps 40 and 41 won’t be included, since they already come with Yanks 2ed. Hopefully, they will add 42 and 43, which were in an action pack which is no longer available.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope maps 40 and 41 won’t be included, since they already come with Yanks 2ed. Hopefully, they will add 42 and 43, which were in an action pack which is no longer available.
In as much as 40 & 41 were included with a lot of the original scenarios, I would make a SWAG they would be included.

Reaction score
First name
Ricardo
Country
llSpain
Is there a chance to know now which maps will be included in the new Croix de Guerre? I'm planning to make some purchases this coming weekend for Black Friday Sales, and I had decided to take the opportunity to add some mapboards I don't currently have to the basket to save on postage.
Thanks anyway!

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm thinking that there will be new cover art for the Croix de Guerre box. Anyone seen it?

Same question, but for the DASL Pack?

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm thinking that there will be new cover art for the Croix de Guerre box. Anyone seen it?

Same question, but for the DASL Pack?
Hoping for more Ken Smith. No new prints posted on his website yet, but I assume he would have to wait until the product the illustration was done for is released.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
What’s wrong with hating DASL?
I didn't say there was anything wrong with hating it. Of course everyone has their own opinions. That's perfectly fine.

Pitcavage's ranting, however, is just ignorance made loud, which is pretty fucking ironic given his day job, which I would have characterised as at least partly "fighting destructive ignorance". Note how he says "my opinions are facts" perfectly seriously, as if he doesn't even understand what he's writing. Unable to just stay with his opinion of "I don't like DASL" -- which again, in itself, is perfectly fine -- he has to invent reasons why DASL is bad ("it's dead" -- uh, no; "no-one wants it" -- uh, no) and then pretend that having said these things, "proof" is for lesser mortals. That attitude and behaviour does not make places like Gamesquad better.

Diverse opinions are indeed a good thing; ignorance and stupidity, not so much.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't say there was anything wrong with hating it. Of course everyone has their own opinions. That's perfectly fine.

Pitcavage's ranting, however, is just ignorance made loud, which is pretty fucking ironic given his day job, which I would have characterised as at least partly "fighting destructive ignorance". Note how he says "my opinions are facts" perfectly seriously, as if he doesn't even understand what he's writing. Unable to just stay with his opinion of "I don't like DASL" -- which again, in itself, is perfectly fine -- he has to invent reasons why DASL is bad ("it's dead" -- uh, no; "no-one wants it" -- uh, no) and then pretend that having said these things, "proof" is for lesser mortals. That attitude and behaviour does not make places like Gamesquad better.

Diverse opinions are indeed a good thing; ignorance and stupidity, not so much.
This is one of the most dishonest posts I have ever seen you make and I am frankly amazed that you made it.

First, I haven't "ranted" at all here.

In my first post, I wrote, "Officially very irritated that the DASL reprint (which should never have occurred) is delaying the release of a new ASL product. "

In my second post, I wrote, "DASL is dead, and rightfully so."

Rantless.

That's when you stepped in to lob a bomb. My post after that was a (non-ranting) response to the allegations that you made in your over-the-top post.

Second, I would thank you not to make words up and put them in my mouth. I did not say, as you claim, "my opinions are facts." That is total bs. What I actually said was this: "I have certainly expressed my dislike of DASL--which is an opinion, though the reasons why I have that opinion are based on fact." In other words, I said my opinions were based on facts. Which they are. And which they should be, just as all opinions should be based on fact. Yet you either deliberately mischaracterized what I wrote or you were extremely negligent in characterizing what I said.

Third, I offered no opinions here as to why I do not like DASL. I was not asked to do so and did not offer them. I've explained, elsewhere, why I personally do not like DASL. Whether I like it or not, of course, is a different issue from whether DASL should have been dug up and resurrected by MMP.

The reason I pointed out that DASL had been dead was not , as you assert, given as a reason I did not like DASL, it was a reason offered not to reprint the two DASL modules. And, although you claim that I did not offer proof that DASL had been dead, I actually did. I repeat it here, since you skipped over it:

DASL was dead. It was dead for 30 years, in fact, before MMP began to try to revive it with the DASL Bonus pack. Between the publication of Hedgerow Hell and the publication of that Bonus Pack, there was a grand total of one--let me repeat that, one--product dedicated to DASL, and that was a third party product. By ASL standards, that's as dead as dead gets.

The fact that DASL scenarios are occasionally played does not negate that fact. Some people play SASL, too, yet--well, I'm not going to say SASL is also dead, because I don't want you having another stroke. The fact that "a number of players did pre-order it" is a totally invalid argument, as you well know, because it has been proven time and time again that "a number of players" will buy any ASL product, regardless of quality or anything else. The real question is how relatively popular DASL is to other types of ASL and the evidence is abundant that the answer is "not very," evidence buttressed by the very slowness of DASL reprint re-order itself.
You are an intelligent person and you know ASL well. But you have only one setting, and that setting is 11. Well, when you engage in personal attacks, as you did in your previous message, and lies, as you did in this last message of yours, I draw the line. I have no desire to see that sort of thing here. So I am, regretfully, blocking you.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This CdG and Paratrooper are my favorite box art covers.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I rather like the Char b1 image. The Hotchkiss crew looks good as well, although my first impression was that it appears to be a bit like a Gallic version of the Hollow Legions art work.
Probably reasonable to assume that HL2 will also have new box art, so either one for CdG2 would work. Trend has been new art for v2 boxes, so will see what we get.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I rather like the Char b1 image. The Hotchkiss crew looks good as well, although my first impression was that it appears to be a bit like a Gallic version of the Hollow Legions art work.
I think that the orignal CdG box art is among the better of those released by AH. However, a Char b1 with a Hotchkiss crew in the foreground might look even grander in the right setting, e.g., Stonne. It'll be interesting to see what MMP runs with.

Rison.Az

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quick question: is Deluxe at the printers, or waiting for preorder numbers to be hit? The post quoted here (from FB I believe) said that it was at the printers. The updated 'News' section on MMP's site says its waiting for preorder to be hit.

Thanks

Chad