Some pertinent news from MMP

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
To be fair, if I got to choose between DASL and boards/overlays at 132% (that is to say larger hexes on ACTUAL A - GG boards) I would chose the larger A - GG boards every time. Alas, I don't get to choose. :( -- jim

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
To be fair, if I got to choose between DASL and boards/overlays at 132% (that is to say larger hexes on ACTUAL A - GG boards) I would chose the larger A - GG boards every time. Alas, I don't get to choose. :( -- jim
Those geo boards with one-inch hexes are definitely a treat to play on. IIRC, Will Fleming had a set at ASLOk in 2007. Memory is hazy, but I think I got in two or three games using his enlarged and laminated half boards. Almost sold me on the concept. But with "official" geo boards now numbering in the 80s, that's a lot of half boards to enlarge and laminate.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is absurd hyperbole even for you. If DASL was "dead" nobody would be playing it and nobody would have pre-ordered it. And yet, people do play it and a sufficient number of players did pre-order it. So all your statement seems to prove is that (a) you hate DASL and (b) you are unable to fathom that other people disagree with you. The first is an opinion that you're entitled to (although it's my personal belief, based on other things you've written about DASL in the past, that it's an opinion based largely on ignorance; but being ignorant is not a crime). The second is just simple stupidity.

Of course, most people sharing your opinion might simply shrug and say "oh well, not for me" or whatever. No, you have to pretend that your opinion is TRUTH and anything that contradicts it is FALSE. FFS, try growing up and behaving like an adult, just for once?
What’s wrong with hating DASL?

I like it, but it’s okay if others don’t. I hate Bocage and Night with a fiery passion and say so whenever MMP releases another gawd awful AP loaded with the crap.

Opposing viewpoints are good. Otherwise, this place and Boardgamegeek.com would be boring.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Those geo boards with one-inch hexes are definitely a treat to play on. IIRC, Will Fleming had a set at ASLOk in 2007. Memory is hazy, but I think I got in two or three games using his enlarged and laminated half boards. Almost sold me on the concept. But with "official" geo boards now numbering in the 80s, that's a lot of half boards to enlarge and laminate.
I saw them, played on a set and agree. If they were available to purchase, I’d buy a set in a second. Too much work to enlarge them now, especially with the large number of BFP geoboards out there and SK boards.

Time to upgrade my cheaters from 1.50 to 1.75.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, here's my attempt to get the thread back on track:

Original CdG contents and scenario count:

Contents:
  • Boards 40, 41
  • Terrain Overlay Sheet
  • 8 Revised RuleBook Pages 1st Edition
  • Chapter H French
  • Chapter N Divider
  • Scenarios 75 - 82
  • 3 Counter Sheets
Scenario List
  • 75 Strangers in a Strange Land
  • 76 End of the Ninth
  • 77 Le Herisson
  • 78 Encounter at Cornimont
  • 79 Bridge of the Seven Planets
  • 80 Play Ball
  • 81 Fratricidal Fighting
  • 82 For Honor Alone
New CdG

Aside from the CG Dinant, having a hard time finding a "what's in the box" post anywhere. Does anyone have any insight? I know it's due for preorder in a few days, but I'm curious.
Counter proofs posted on FB. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3024178887596879&set=p.3024178887596879&type=3&theater The top sheet is for an upcoming Starter Kit.

dur

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My guess at the two-toned counters is Vichy French as the outer color appears to be German blue. My storage solution for the French can certainly handle more pieces, but my very full German box is groaning at the two German countersheets!

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No data available, but I'd venture to say all players are thirty years older.
Well, we do have some new people not everyone who plays ASL is sixty or seventy plus. However, I do suspect the vast majority of our player base have rather aging eyes and some may have enough arthritis in their hands to make manipulating stacks of small counters in hexes that are none too large very difficult. Fortunately, arthritis has not bothered me too much too bad I can not say the same about vision.