Some pertinent news from MMP

Thaliff

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Country
llUnited States

The body of the announcement if you are not on/interested in Facebook:

Okay folks, the news as I understand it right now, Sunday, November 24th.
Current plan is to put CdG on preorder Monday, December 2nd during the day (our time, East Coast USA).
The game is still on schedule to be ready and available at Winter Offensive. Along with the Winter Offensive Bonus Pack.
There is some possibility, we won't lay odds, that the Journal will be delayed slightly until after Winter Offensive. Quite simply the printer is being swamped in product to be printed at the moment (with DASL package coming in this week and just after Thanksgiving, and the Rulebook/Binder/Dividers at the same printer, in addition to the WOBP and CdG - its a LOT of stuff) and we've decided that the Journal is the least priority of the three.
Once Winter Offensive ends and the office reopens (Tuesday January 21, 2020) we SHOULD begin shipping CdG, the Bonus Pack, and possibly the next Journal, to preorders.
Once that's complete we'll ship the same items to retailers.
Once that's complete we'll have it on the website for ordering.
I believe we will have an option on the preorder to get both the WO Bonus Pack AND CdG in the same shipment. Due to the possibility that the Journal won't be ready we cannot add that option, sorry.
Finally, if you are coming to WINTER OFFENSIVE 2020 (and you really SHOULD!) you do NOT need to preorder, we will have the items at the tournament and at the preorder price (for CdG, the Bonus Packs are never discounted - a huge chunk of their price goes to the World War Two Foundation!)

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Officially very irritated that the DASL reprint (which should never have occurred) is delaying the release of a new ASL product.
Why shouldn't the DASL reprint have occurred? (FYI - I'm not all that interested in DASL and don't intend to get it, though I'll happily play it.)

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Officially very irritated that the DASL reprint (which should never have occurred) is delaying the release of a new ASL product.
While I can understand some preference for a new product over a reprint, I can still remember when it was on average two years between anything substantial ASL (apart from a General scenario or two). MMP are producing multiple ASL items, big and small, per year, what would have taken the best part of a decade to produce under AH and MMP's early days.

Bloody kids these days, expect everything for instant gratification! Get off my lawn, NOW!

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While I can understand some preference for a new product over a reprint, I can still remember when it was on average two years between anything substantial ASL (apart from a General scenario or two). MMP are producing multiple ASL items, big and small, per year, what would have taken the best part of a decade to produce under AH and MMP's early days.

Bloody kids these days, expect everything for instant gratification! Get off my lawn, NOW!
Not "a" reprint. This reprint.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Played Sicilian Midnight earlier this month, probably for the tenth time. (This time in order to coach a newer player on the Night rules, and a welcome refresher for me, which invariably teaches this old dog new tricks.) The big boards are a pleasure to play on with plenty of room for extra counters associated with a night scenario.

The resurrection of DASL as a format is not new--think LFT and Dave Ramsey's DASL Pack, or the recent DASL scenarios in Journal 11 or Action Pack 14 (which uses boards f, i, and k).

The reprint of older DASL boards will make them more accessible (and compatible) with the boards (i, j, k, l) included in WO9. Speaking of which, I really enjoyed playing WO25 and WO27 last year on the new boards. But DASL really shines when playing scenarios like WO26 or WO28 where the Attacker fields 26 squads!

I have no doubt that the release of DASL Redux will be followed by the release of new DASL scenarios--possibly in Journal 13. IMO, not a biggie if J13 is delayed in order to get the DASL reprint out the door.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

I might find it cheaper to fly and pick them up (cheap flight to LA from Melb for black friday only 926 AUD (about 600 USD) RETURN!) with the way all that will weight on postal costs
I will go broke anyway with postal plus the new Aussie Govt Tax on items from USA now making most purchases twice teh cost

IN sadness and future poverty

Rob :eek: