Solo KGS

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So I will be away from home for a couple months, and perhaps a little internet-impaired. So I was thinking of maybe soloing some KGS scenarios on VASL and maybe even some CG days, mostly because I keep coming back to it as a CG I actually want to play one day, but I need to get a better grip on some of the rules and whatnot. Anyone tried this or have any suggestions?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have a specific suggestion b/c the answer I think is player dependent.

But that said "Their Fate Sealed?" might be a good solo one b/c of scale (occupy you for awhile), draws on many rules and map area, is a primer-of-sorts, for CGI.

Finally, released in the KGS Guide were SASL missions if you wanted to go that route and have SASL RB/knowledge.

Safe travels when you are away from home.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks man! I think I am going to try KGS4, From Matilda with Love, as it's not too huge. Then maybe Fate Sealed, then we'll see what happens from there!

I'm not so hot on SASL, tbh. I tried it for VotG and found you had to change they way you played too much - panicking on a DFPh shot is instant death in CC...

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks man! I think I am going to try KGS4, From Matilda with Love, as it's not too huge. Then maybe Fate Sealed, then we'll see what happens from there!

I'm not so hot on SASL, tbh. I tried it for VotG and found you had to change they way you played too much - panicking on a DFPh shot is instant death in CC...
Sure I was just trying to suggest some path...as I tried to point out that path is very subjective, and related to that I get SASL not your thing. I just mentioned it in case. I agree it does change the way you play, whole different set of ASOP tactically.

Pacman Ghost

Reaction score
A maze of twisty little passages, all alike
Country
llAustralia
I've played most of the KGS scenarios solitaire. I've got the winter CG set up as well, but I've started playing VASL with a real live person, which is taking up most of my ASL-playing time, so I probably won't get to that for a while.

I've just finished "Their Fate Sealed?" and while it's a good scenario, it was a bit of a slog and felt like 4 smaller scenarios, rather than 1 big one, although I guess that's a natural consequence of the terrain. "Reclamation" was a hoot, though :)