Solitaire Red Barricades - a stupid question please......

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

Apologies for what is probably going to be a stupid question and an unnecessary new thread. I've bought solitaire ASL on eBay and the bloke has included a Solitaire Red Barricades rules (S26 to S28) and an SASL CG1 To the Volga S29

These are not official Avalon Hill / MMP products. Who created these? Are they available for download somewhere? Is it worth playing? Are there any more products like this out there and if so are they any good?

Many thanks for any help that you can provide.

Scott Hasson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Joe,

I believe the extra stuff that you received was a user-created way to play the Germans in CGI along with some rules modifications to SASL Ver. 1 (pages S26 - S28). SASL Ver. 2 has newer pages up to S34 and, as far as I know, the only MMP published SASL Red Barricades was in Journal #1. There are other user-created attempts at modifying the SASL framework to enable playing Red Barricades, along with other HASLs.

Tom Morin completed work on SASL Valor of the Guards and submitted it to MMP a few years ago but it has yet to be published. I understand it is well worth it and I would like to see it published sometime but MMP has other priorities right now.

MMP has also published a few other SASL items in various Journals and Special Operations #2 magazines. The Soldiers of the Orange was interesting as it modified basic SASL missions and followed some specific history with variable missions.

LFT has also supported SASL and published a few scenarios but the magazines are very hard to come by now on the after market.

To answer your questions on who created these - I don't know. Are they available for download - they were here, a while ago, but with the change of server and system I believe they are unavailable now. Are they any good - that depends on your perspective and how much you want to work with it. It isn't perfect but it was a start. Some of the other user-created stuff offer a chance to play both sides.

I hope this helps.

Scott.

afantozzi

Reaction score
First name
Andrea
Country
llItaly
Hi,
I was involved for a short time in some playtest of SASL Red Barricades. For more information, contact me via PM.
[edit] Ooops no excuse me. That was playtest for SASL VotG. However I do have some RB SASL resources that I cannot find anymore on the Internet.