Solitaire ASL

Randys

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know if Solitaire ASl is dead or will it be looked at again in the future? I know its OOP but it would be nice to have British,Japanese etc cards instead of just the big three.

Do you think VASL impacted this product, making players easier find?

Josh

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know where you can buy it online in Canada and they still have stock as far as I know. If interested, let me know and I'll try to find it again.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
SASL version 2 is available (at least here in Oz) if you cannot find anything in the US try Reepicheep

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My impression is this product is a slow mover, and I don't know if MMP is likely to reprint this again very soon. I'm a surprise that it is out of stock. Must have been cleared in one of the clearance sales. I have a copy like a number of folks but it is merely sitting on my shelf until I eventually get around to really checking it out. I guess there's simply too many good ftf scenarios to try first.

It's too bad the solitarie system is self contained and incompatible with ftf scenarios but, the unpredictable nature of encounters sort of remind me a lot of playing Ambush by VG. From what I gather Solitarie is indeed a facinating experience that lends itself well to low intensity engagements and well worth grabbing for eventually play. :smoke:

Randys said:
Does anyone know if Solitaire ASl is dead or will it be looked at again in the future? I know its OOP but it would be nice to have British,Japanese etc cards instead of just the big three.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Randys said:

I read somewhere that there is no project to reprint SASL.
Note that cards for all the nationalities (EXC Axis Minors) were in SASL v.2, as supplemental Missions...
I read somewhere else that the Axis Minor SASL card would be in AoO, but I presume that will not see the light...

If SASL is to be a dead project, I'd like to see chapter S, Missions, RE and nationality cards be available to download, as well as some significant markers (possible game end, cmd, panic)...
It isn't just another Historical module.
SASL is an experience by itself, and I do really appreciate it.

Priest

Reaction score
Randys said:

I started a poll on SASL a while back to get a feel for how many ASL'ers were playing it. Evidently quite a few are. SASLv2 has all the nationality cards so try to find v2 if you can. As far as SASL being reprinted that is a question that would be best answered by either Mr. Dalton or Mr Youst. Check up in the AAR section, there are quite a few SASL AAR's being turned in.

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Legion said:
SASL version 2 is available (at least here in Oz) if you cannot find anything in the US try Reepicheep
Not from me. You got my second-to-last copy, Legion, and I sold my absolute last copy before it went out of print to Karl (also here).

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Reepicheep said:
Not from me. You got my second-to-last copy, Legion, and I sold my absolute last copy before it went out of print to Karl (also here).
Then i am a lucky boy, i think SASL is most excellent.
I am surprised that there is a perception that it is unpopular as there seems to be evidence here at WarfareHQ of it being played a lot.

I am currently using it to teach someone how to play ASL - with us each looking after a pair of platoons it is a good way to learn; when there is no competition one can teach the rules and tactics freely

peterk1

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Randys said:
I think VASL definitely impacted the product making it easier to play in the first place. I tried playing with the physical board and counters once, but it's just way slower than more error prone than on the computer. I play PBEM and SASL at the same time and I can't say I have a marked preference for the traditional game. A lot of times I just want to get my normal games out of the way so I can do a turn or 2 of the solo game.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Reepicheep said:
Yes, there was no discounted sales at the end, just a sell-out of the copies remaining in print.
It took me awhile but I found a copy in Canada for less than $40 US with shipping. :)

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
confused over what's in SASL 2nd ed.

i was on the web site http://www.levalet.com/index.htm that josh posted. and teaser information on SASL 2nd ed. it that is contains only the Germans, Americans and Russians.

does the SASL 2nd ed. also have others? and if so, which ones? British? Japanese? etc.?

Josh

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I bought mine from the shop I posted the link in my last post. All Nationalities are included, the price is good, it's in stock and a great friendly service.

McFinn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well,

The store Josh posted a link to just sold their last SASL v2.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Josh

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, Ok, I lied. There is one more that has 2 copies left, again in Canada (Calgary, Alberta) but the price is quite a bit more than the last shop I posted. They sell it for $79.95 CDN, so what, about $60US or so... :cry: